FIFTEEN

Chapter Fifteen| Trevor

Finally, some time alone with her. I've been dying for it, With the entire family here for holiday, I've barely got to say good morning to her this morning. It's Christmas eve, and everyone running around to make sure the next few days run smoothly.

But, all I really care about is her. As she floods my thoughts while she is away from me and even here now in this car, I'm anxious at the thought of her being uncomfortable with me.

I switch my eyesight from the road to her, every so often, trying not to be so obvious. She has the mirror down, as she applies gloss to her lips.

"You good over there?" she asked me.

I clear my throat, "Uhh yeah, I'm fine."

She throws a smirk my way and shrugged. "Okay, playa."

I sigh.

"So, what did you get me for Christmas?" She sends another question my way.

"Now, why would I tell you that?" I playfully roll my eyes.

"Because I'm your best friend and I wanna know."

"If I tell you, that would just ruin the purpose of this holiday."

She leans over the armrest, "Oh come on, you know you wanna tell me."

The car comes to a complete stop when the light turned red. I shift my gaze onto her. Nothing between us, but intense eye contact and the heat that is warming the car.

"You'll just have to wait and see, Nini," I smirk.

She waves me off, "Fine, be like that then." Sitting back into her seat, "Don't ask me what I got you."

"Wasn't going to."

"Yeah, whatever," she grins.

We make it to the mall downtown, quickly making our way into the building because it is brick as hell outside.

"So, what exactly are you looking for Diana?" Nini asked.

"I don't know, that's why I brought you."

"Uhh, she not my mama, you should know better than me." She looks around at a few stores. "Are we going for a big budget or small?"

"Big, since I waited so long to find something for her."

"Okay, well the designer stores are on the upper levels so let's go."

I grab her hand as we walked toward the escalators, considering she didn't pull away, I'm going to take a guess that she is okay with it.

Louboutin was the first store that was in our faces when we got off the escalator. So, we headed in there first. I watched as she scanned over the designer handbags and shoes. Before one of the workers came up to us.

"Good morning, is there anything I can help you with?" he asked.

Nini spoke up, "Yes, actually, we are looking for a gift for his mother. Do you have any recommendations?"

"Well, we have a variety of handbags and shoes that our crowd has been flocking to a lot this winter season," he states. "How about we put you in one of our viewing rooms and we bring out what we have and you can pick for there?"

"That'll be perfect," she responds.

"Okay, follow me," the employee spoke.

He takes us to one of the viewing rooms, on the table are two flutes and a plate of weird-looking cookies.