THIRTY

Chapter Thirty| Destiny

Going out last night was a mistake.

It's already ten a.m. and I haven't gotten up from my bed to get ready for brunch at 12 p.m. Knowing myself, with this hangover it will take me extra long to get ready.

As I sit in bed, scrolling through my socials, all people are talking 'bout is the party last night. Even though Trev and Tyler crashed it, Tyler kidnapped my best friend. I'll get on his ass about that later. And if I don't feel like vomiting while getting out of bed, then Imma get on her ass about last night.

Pushing down on the end of my bed trying to sit up. But, the dizziness and urge to throw up take over my system. Leaning down on my knees, trying to slow my breath down. Before I know it I make a B line for my toilet.

It is gonna be a long morning.

Quickly getting up from the toilet to brush my teeth and taking a much needed hot shower.

...

"So, are you going to tell me why I saw you with my brother or am I going to have to ask?" I spoke to Jayda as we get into her car.

"Oh, so you saw that," she says, putting the car in drive and pulling off from the curb. "It was a mistake, there is nothing going on between Tyler and me."

This bitch is either lying or very delusional.

It's okay though because when she comes to her senses, I'll be here saying I told you so.

"You sure?" I asked.

"Positive," she clicks her turning signal. "I saw Trevor there too, why was he there?"

"Only the lord knows why his ass tagged along with Tyler."

Jayda grins from the side of her mouth, "You sure he wasn't there for you?" She hints to me, "Maybe he wants to rekindle things between you both."

"Uh, no. He's gotta girlfriend, let's not revisit that topic again."

She shrugs, "I'm just saying, you should've seen his face at the graduation when I mentioned the idea of you and Jabari hanging out together at the party. Looked like he was 'bout to shit himself."

I roll my eyes, I'm not worried about Trevor anymore. Well, I'm trying not to think about him anymore.

UGHHHHHHH...

I need to move on with my life, he surely has. No more late-night dirty thoughts leading into long sessions with my rose, just because I thought about him. No more checking up on his life in the blog pages and definitely no more, putting off sex with anyone else, out of sympathy for him.

I'm a sexy woman, who deserves men begging at my feet, not the other way around.

"It doesn't matter, we had our time together. It's time to move on."

...

"Diana, come take a picture with us?" my mom shouts across the table at brunch

The entire restaurant is nosy as hell, making my hangover headache worse. These sunglasses are barely helping me block out the sun, leave it to my family to choose an outdoor-style restaurant.

Eric holds up the phone to take a picture of the three of us. "Say 'cheese'."

"Cheese," we all say as a collective.

My mom takes the phone from Eric, checking the pictures when making him take another batch of us. I laugh at him rolling his eyes, as high mantinence as she is, he never says no to her.

"Hey everyone," Tyler and Trevor stroll into the restaurant over an hour late.

"Hi boys, we waited for you guys before we ordered anything because we are considerate of each other time."

They both bow their heads, "Sorry mama, we overslept."

They slide into the two empty seats at the table, Trevor sat right in front of me. Eric quickly flags down the waiter to take our orders. Everyone engrossed in different conversations, while I'm way too focused on how good I look in my graduation pictures.

"So," Diana's voice grabs my attention. "Y'all had fun at the party last night," She spoke towards me.

I place my phone down in my lap, focusing my attention to her. "Yeah, it was fun."

"Just fun, come on, I've been your age before, college parties aren't just 'fun.'"

I smirk, "It was though, pretty low-key." Shifting my eyes to Trevor and Tyler, who are currently staring into my soul. "But, like I said we had lots of fun."

...

Trevor

"We're coming down to the Miami next week, will be the first ones down there," my mother spoke to us. "So, we'll be all settle in, by the time y'all get down there."

We just finished up at brunch, which I'm grateful for. When, I get back to that hotel room I'm going right back to sleep. Tyler was trying to convince me to just tell them we wasn't feelings well, and we wouldn't be able to make it. But, wasn't gonna past up the chance to see Nini again before I leave to pack for Miami.

I'm not gonna be down there until next weekend and so will she.

And seeing her today was worth it, she looked beautiful in the sundress she was wearing. Her skin glowing as the sun shine down on her, her beauty was unmatched.

My phone vibrated in my hand, another long ass text message from Eleanor. I texted her last night, that I wanted to end what was going on between us, I didn't give her a specific reason. But, I hope she would respect my wishes, I was wrong about that one.

"Alright, well I'll see y'all in a few days," Destiny spoke up, leaning in to hug our parents and waving to the rest of us as she walked back to Jayda car.

I wave everyone goodbye, before running behind Nini, "Nini, wait up."

I catch her just as she opens the passenger door, "Yes, Trevor."

"I just wanna apologize for last night, if I messed up your night."

Her eyebrow archs, "You didn't mess up my night, the word I would use is 'ambushed'. But, either way I accept your apology."

I hum, "So, I gotta ask where you gonna get with that dude."

She tilts her head to the side, just as she was about speak, my phone rings. Another incoming call from Eleanor.

Nini sighs, "I don't think you need to be worry 'bout who I get with, when you have enough people ringing down your phone."

...

HERE DAMNNNN, I didn't y'all liked this story that much, the way y'all been ringing down my phone.

My computer broke and I had to get it fixed. When y'all don't see any updates for a while, just check my tiktok to keep you up to date on what is happening.

Tiktok: cleopatras_heart