FORTY-THREE

Chapter Forty-Three| Destiny

Slowly peeling my eyes open, annoyed with the early morning sunshine dancing into the room through the windows. Fluttering my eyes, adjusting to the bright light in my eyes. Turning opposite the window, coming face to face with a sleeping Trevor. Sensing my body was away from his, his large arm cuffs around my waistline pulled me into him.

He looked so handsome, as he slept. I lightly smirk, caressing the light stubble on his face. He has been talking about growing his beard out, but this is the first time I've gotten a good look at his face in a while. Which is not my fault, because his face either always is kissing mine or it's kissing my...

Yeah, so I like this look on him, admiring him. Before my mind drifted to...

last night

Shit, I told myself I wouldn't even think about that. Technically, if I even see him, I'm supposed to report it to the police, considering my restraining order. But, I overheard Trevor last night, while he thought I was sleeping, and a part of me felt he had it handled.

Getting up from the bed, I grab my low-battery phone from my purse on the ottoman. Looking for my charger, once I plug it into the wall my phone flashes with message notifications from Jayda. Saying that she needed to speak to me as soon as possible.

Knowing that this could probably be really important, I plug the phone out, and speed walk out of the room. Going downstairs to the living room, plugged the phone back in. In the corner, quickly press the call icon on my phone, bringing the phone up to my ear.

"Hey Des," she spoke with an eerie tone.

"Just by the tone in your voice, I know some shit just happened." I sighed, "So, you might as well just tell me."

"So, look I don't have any other way to say this but..." Of course, she adds a dramatic pause, "Tyler and I are in a relationship."

this bitch, smh.

"Tyler, my brother, Tyler."

"Yeah, that one..." she said, "please don't be mad."

"Bitch, please, I already knew bout y'all asses, I'm not dumb."

"Really?" she croaked out.

"Yes, y'all ain't slick, a blind person can see the way y'all look at each other."

"Oh," she paused. "So, you're not mad."

"No, I could never be mad at you." I spoke up, "But if some shit happens between y'all, don't expect me to pick sides. Cause I'll have both of y'all looking dumb, make sure you tell Tyler what I said."

"I heard you, sis," a masculine voice spoke in the background.

"Is he there with you right now?" I asked.

"Yep," she said. "Tell me about your weekend. We watched the game, and saw your cute ass on tv."

"It was...it was something," my mind went back to last night.

"What happened?"

"I saw my father."

"WHAT?" Tyler spoke in the background, "Des, don't play like that."

"I'm not playing, you could ask Trevor when he wakes up if you don't believe me. It was so fucking random, I don't know what he is even doing all the way out here."

"Did he hurt you?" Tyler and Jayda spoke at the same time, making me think that they are the same person.

"No, you know Trevor wasn't gonna let that happen. We were leaving a 7-eleven and he just approached us, talking about how he was doing better. And in all of these programs that are helping him, but he wanted forgiveness from the people he hurt and I told him 'no I didn't forgive him.'"

"Good, 'cause I would've shut his shit down too," Tyler spoke. "You alright though?"

"Yeah, I'm good." I sigh, "But, I'm defienlty letting the police know that his ass is where he is not supposed to be. I don't care 'bout any relationship he formed with god, he still the same lame ass motherfucker to me."

Tyler hummed, "Me too, sis."

Clearing my throat, "Anyways, I'll let you and Jayda get back to whatever it is that y'all do. Byeeee."

They said their goodbyes to me, before I hang up the phone. Sighing into the distance, just thinking about how far I've come. I'm finally fucking happy, all of this time I've been trying to convince myself that I was. But, in this moment I feel nothing but pure happiness, that no one could take away from me.

...

Trevor

"So many people that I know, they just tryna touch ya...kiss up, and rub up, and feel up...all night long, love, all night long..." a voice singing in the distance.

Walking towards the kitchen I notice that voice is Nini, cooking breakfast and singing along to Beyonce. I stand in the doorsil, watching her sway her hips to soulful music, what a beautiful sight, she was.

I'm in love with this woman, madly and truly in love. It almost feel to unreal to describe how much I want to protect, spoil, and love her until we grow old. I want to marry her, start a family, and give her everything that she deserves in life.

I don't wanna sugarcoat shit.

Walking up to her, she spins around, noticing my presence. I pull her into my body, staring into her beautiful brown eyes. As Beyonce reaches the bridge of the song, the beat and adlibs build up to the chorus of the song.

They say true love's the greatest weapon,

To win the war caused by pain,

But every diamond has imperfections,

But my love's too pure to watch it chip away,

Boy, nothing real can be threatened,

True love brings back salvation back into me,

"Marry me, Nini," my emotions spoke before I could.

"WHAT?" she questioned over the music, almost dropping the whisk with pancake batter on it, onto the floor.

"I love you, baby, I couldn't imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone else. Every morning I wake up with you on my mind, and every night I fall asleep thinking of you. Your smile brings me joy and when you're not smiling, I rack my brain trying to find ways to make you smile again. I love you, Nini, and I know this may seem sudden to you, but to me this is long overdue." I pause after rambling for so long. "So, Destiny Harper Thompson, will you marry me?"

She places the whisk down in the sink, staring down at me, teary eyed, as I got on one knee.

...

Will she say yes? Or will she leave poor Trevor on his knees?

Tune in next time to find out...