EIGHTEEN

Chapter Eighteen| Destiny

A date.

With Trevor.

I'm going on a date with Trevor.

Tonight.

I simply don't understand. But, I can though, I'm a bad bitch.

But still, Trev seeing us having a potential future together is a lot to take in for me. I thought I buried the grade school crush I had on him back in high school when I left high school, but considering I answered him with swiftness. I guess I am just lying to myself.

I haven't seen him since before the new year, with his busy game schedule. The day after Christmas his team played the LA Chargers, which was a very important game for them. It could make or break their chances of making it into the playoffs. And with that win, they are definitely in a secure spot for the playoff season.

Tomorrow night, they play the Baltimore Ravens for their first post-game season.

But, tonight, he is picking me up to take me on our date. Baltimore is a less than an hour drive from D.C. I just finished my finishing touches on my makeup, and he texted me that he is five minutes away.

 I just finished my finishing touches on my makeup, and he texted me that he is five minutes away

I open the door of my bedroom, heading into the living room with my accessories in hand. Doing a full 360 spin for Jayda, who is currently catching up on Love Island UK.

She pauses the TV, "Aww, babes you look so beautiful."

She was very happy to know that Trev and I are going out on a date. She said something along the lines of her wanting us to get together for a long time now.

"You don't think it's too much, do you?" I asked nervously.

"Nope, you look perfect."

My phone buzzes in my hand.

"Is he outside?" Jayda asked.

I nod my head 'yes'.

She lungs for the front window, staring down at the street. She gasps, "He has flowers."

She is so nosey. I walk over to the window and stare down at him, leaning against his low Porshe sports car with lavender Lilys in his hands.

My favorite flower.

Mrs. Harper grew flowers in her garden, every spring. Every afternoon after I got off the school bus I would head straight to her house to water the plants. Sometimes, Trev would tag along if he didn't have football practice.

I used to pretend that Mrs. Harper's garden was mine, in hope that one day I would have one of my own.

When Diana was pregnant with Lily, I'm the one who suggested the name to her. I didn't think she would use it. But, she did and she loved it.