THIRTY-SIX

Chapter Thirty-Six| Destiny

^Before, you start this chapter please read the message above.^

"Here, take this," Carter hands me a red solo cup, filled up to one quarter with a clear substance, strongly smelling like tequila.

I grab it from him, "Thank you." Looked down into the cup weary.

"Go ahead drink it, it'll help you lose up and have some fun," He spoke again before sipping from his cup.

I give him a faint smile, "Maybe later, I'll hold onto it though." Putting the cup down at my side.

Right now, we're at this makeshift bar on the beach. Surrounded by a large crowd of young people, everyone looks so good. I gotta give it to the girls, they doing they thang. Carter grabs ahold of my hand, guiding me through the people, farther onto the shore. About six people sat on a blanket away from the crowd, closer to the water.

"Glad to see you finally show up," a girl spoke up, she leans back into the lap of a guy, smoking a blunt. He turned his head towards us, just with everyone else.

The guy has brown skin covered in dark tats, and the girl on his lap has lighter skin. And the rest of them are dark skin guys, who resemble each other a lot. Carter guides me to sit on the blanket before introducing me to everyone.

The girl leans up from out of the guy's lap, extending her arm to me. "I'm Alyssa."

I introduce myself to her. Then the others speak up, their names are Jordan, Micheal, Kai, and Bruce. Not gonna lie, they all look sketchy as hell. After a few minutes of them joking around and getting high, I start to become bored. Even, though Carter was smoking, I thought his ass was an athlete.

Okay, maybe I'm ready to go home.

I guess Carter sobers up from his high noticing my attitude. "You wanna go dance?" He points to the area, where everyone is partying. "Uh, Okay," I answer.

We stand up from the blanket, dusting the bits of sand off. Grabbing ahold of my hand, taking me to the part of the beach where everyone is partying. As we get closer the music becomes louder, Carter grabs my waist and we start dancing to the music. Carter starts to become more aggressive, pinching my waist and pressing his crotch into my backside. I force his hands off of me, trying to get him to relax, which he does.

He grabs the back of my neck, pulling me into his chest, "Arch yo back for me."

This nigga got me fucked up.

He tries to get me to bend over in front of him. I push away from his grip, "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

He sucks his teeth, "Why you being like that?"

"Me?" I questioned. "You're the one acting like a weirdo." As I raise my voice, I noticed people around me, watching the interaction between Carter and I. Trying my best not to become frustrated, I fling my arms in the air and storm off.

Speed walking away from the people and Carter, heading back to the blanket on the beach to grab my things. The blanket isn't occupied by any of Carter's friends. It's just the blanket, my things, a speaker, and a sweater.

I lean down to pick up my bag and my phone, ignoring Carter behind me and calling my name. Pulling up the uber app, set the address to the house.

"Yo, what's yo problem?" Carter cusses.

I roll my eyes, "Nothing, I'm just ready to go home."

"For what?" He grabs my wrist, "We are just having fun, don't be like that."

"I'm not being like anything, I'm just ready to go home," I release myself from his grip.

"I knew I should have let my mother convince me to take yo ass out. But, I felt sorry for you, but I should've known you was gonna be bitch."

"Felt sorry for me," I kissed my teeth. "Nigga, I don't need your pity. I need you to get the fuck away from me."

He grips my upper arm, "You think you can talk to me like that, fucking bitch."

"Get off of me," I screech out.

He tightens his grip on me, pushing me down onto the blanket. He stuffs his hand down the bottom half of my bathing suit, touching my area.

Tears shed down my eyelids, "Stop," I scream, but it sounds like no ones listening. It feels like I'm suffocating, drowning and nobody can save me.

"Shut the fuck up," he grunts.

I slap and strach his neck, he hisses back as I cut his skin with my nails. Grabbing the back of his neck, I lung, punching him square in the nose. He screams, leaning to the side, I push my body out from under his body. Successfully grabbing my things and running away from him.

Running through the crowd, and onto the boardwalk. Constantly, turning my back and checking my surroundings, pulling my phone, hands shaking and walking farther away from the beach.

"NINI..."

I look around me, confused as hell, then I start to walk faster.

"NINI..."

There it is again, maybe there is another Nini on the beach, it's hella people out here. I continue walking, before I slam into a hard chest. Looking up in fear at the head connected to the chest.

"You don't hear me calling you," he spoke smiling down at me, lightly grabbing onto my shoulders.

My body shakes in his hold, I then bury my face in his chest, wrapping my arms around his body. Becoming comfortable surrounded by his body, sobbing in his chest, makeup ruining his white shirt. He doesn't say anything, he just takes me back to his car. Opening the passenger door of his low corvette sports car for me.

I sit in the car, and he closes the door behind me, then he walks around to his side and gets in. Not starting the car, but leaning over the armrest and comforting me. Every window in this car has a strong tint, so nobody is looking in this car.

"What's wrong, Nini?" he asks.

I close my eyes, letting the last bits of tears flow down my cheeks. Trevor pushed his chair back all the way, making space for more leg room. "Come here." I climb over into his lap, laying my face on his chest as he rubbed my back.

"He...he forced himself on me." I croak out.

"Who?" he asked husky.

"Carter, he touched me and I punched him and everything was a blur after," I spoke up.

As my head lays against his chest, I feel his heartbeat noticeably gets faster. "Where's he at now?"

"Ion know," I shrug. Trev pulls his phone out and starts shuffling through the contacts. "What are you doing?"

"We gonna go find him," he leaned forward.

I shake my head, "No, please, I don't want too."

"You don't have too, I'm gonna do it."

"Trevor, listen to me, you don't need to me doing anything stupid, Okay?"

"But, Nini..."

"No, just stay with me, please."

He leans his body back into the seat and I lay my head back on his chest. He still has his hands balled into fists, I grab his fist and he quickly unballed them. Laying them on my hips.

"Just take me home, please."

"Okay," he responds lowly.

I move back into my seat, as he starts the car up.

The entire ride, he kept his hold on my hand. My eyes are out the window, trying not to tear up. But my every thought brings me back to that moment.

...

My heart goes out to anyone that has been affected by sexual assault <3