FOUR

Chapter Four| Destiny

"So, what happened to Brandon? I thought he was coming with you," my mother spoke.

Everyone at the dinner table's eyes shifted to me.

Here we go.

I place my fork down, before lifting my drink. "He couldn't make it, something came up."

I watch around the table for everyone's reaction. I only notice Trevor trying his best to hide his shit-eating grin, and failing miserably.

"Did something come up? Or is he just a lying piece of shit?" my brother whispered under his breath.

"Tyler, language," my mother scolds him.

"Sorry, I'm just saying sis. I won't hide my hate for the dude."

Tyler is always the shows the most disgust towards Brandon. I guess that's just his older brother mentality. But, he knows better than to cross certain boundaries, when it comes to my relationship. So, I know not to take his words to heart.

"Thanks for the comments, Tyler. They really do humble me," I say sarcastically. 

"How about we not ambush Destiny about her love life," Eric said. "Has anyone else have anything to say."

"Thank you, Eric," I mouth to him. He smiles back at me. 

"I got an A+ on my spelling test last week. I spelled all twenty of my sight words correctly," Lily spoke.

Everyone congratulated her on her good work. That's why she is my favorite person. We continue dinner, conversations becoming less and less awkward by the minute, which I am super grateful for.

After dinner was over, I head to one of the massive guest rooms that Trevor has in this house. Before I'm able to change out of my clothes, there's a knock at the door.

"Come in," I yell while opening my suitcase.

The door slowly creaks open, I stand up from my bent-over position from opening my suitcase. He doesn't acknowledge my presence, he just walks straight for the full-body mirror leaning against the wall. And starts to check himself out.

I fold my arms below my breast, "Uhh, what are you doing, Trevor?"

"Oh, you're in here?" he asked, fake surprised. "I thought this was my room."

"Has anyone ever told you how corny you are?"

"No, they usually just tell me how much they love me. And how my jokes are better than Kat Williams," he then lays on my bed, propping himself up on his elbows. Patting the other side of the bed for me to come and sit down.

And I do. Now, being quite closer to him, I get to analyze him. His body shape is like a greek god, always has been. All of that football training has surely made him easy on the eyes. The ink that trails his body makes my mouth water...

"If you're going to stare, you should at least give me a couple of compliments," he smirks.

"You're so full of yourself," I nudge his shoulder. "I just haven't seen you for a good while. I'm just trying to figure out why everyone calls your Cinninati's savor."

With Trev's rookie year as the quarterback for the Bengals being so record-breaking. The NFL world is quite in love with Trev's success with the team. Taking them into the playoffs for the first time in over twenty years. Giving him the nickname of 'Cinninati's savor.' Although they didn't make it to the Super Bowl or anything. Everyone has high hopes for them in the near future.