𝗰𝗵𝗽𝘁 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 ᯽ 𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗲 𝗾𝘂𝗮𝗺 𝘃𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗿𝗶 .

" to be , rather than to seem . "

• • •

"You're considering hiring another general? I'm not so sure about this Kujou." You said skeptically. You knew that Kujou Sara had the best intentions for the army, but...

You certainly didn't.

Not that you'll say that to your superior.

"This is pointless. The army is doing fine with us both leading, what makes you think that we're in need of a third person?" As far as you know, most of the soldiers you've encountered so far have been idiots.

Like those idiots who don't even know proper Inazuman geography.

Kujou Sara raised a brow at you, "This isn't pointless (Name)- and although you say that the army is doing fine with just the two of us, may I remind you that the public and majority of the soldiers dislike you?" She says folding her arms over one another.

You scoffed, "They're just going to hate us more with a new general on the army." You argued back.

"Perhaps but unlike you, whomever is taking this role will be more civil and less scary." Kujou Sara said as she put emphasis on the adjectives, clearly she was outting you.

You shook your head. It was hard enough dealing with idiotic soldiers, and you don't want a stuck up general acting as if they're all that. Plus, it would mess up your original objective.

A waved your hand dismissively as you leaned back on your chair. "Do what you must Kujou. However how are you going to pick out another general out of-" You peaked through your office window to see a crowd of soldiers hoping for a promotion, "Them?"

"Me? Well you see, I already read through all their files and have already chosen two promising candidates." Kujou Sara said as the crowd dispersed only leaving two soldiers left.

Just as this happened, Kujou Sara brought out two folders and threw them on your desk. "I already have a lot on my plate so i'll be needing you to evaluate one of our candidates." She spoke as you inspected the papers handed to you.

Kujou pointed at the soldier on the left, "Yuzurou Hisaki, 27, relatively new but shows promise. He came from a clan with high status and has an excellent mastery with his claymore, fighting with ease. Hisaki is praised highly by other deputys in the army and was highly reccomended in the letters."

"And the one beside him-"

"Kimiko." You interrupted Kujou as you looked at the information on the file. Kujou Sara crossed her arms, "I assume you've heard of her?"

You only hummed in response. She was the one who told you about the meeting a few days back as you made your escape from solitary confinement.

"She's only been serving for only three months now?" Kujou Sara nodded at your question.

"Yeah, based on all the information I could gather on her- Her family came from Fontaine and she recently moved to Inazuma for reasons that she hasn't disclosed." Kujou Sara said making you slightly curious.

You narrowed your eyes at the paragraph written in the file under the sub-title, combative experience & skills. "As for her combat abilities, she has a unique way of utilising a variety of poisons and powder along with her own swordsmanship." You read aloud to Kujou, seeing her nod proudly.

"Hm. I'll evaluate Kimiko then, she seems interesting." You say looking at her photo attached. Those amarathine eyes stared into her own (colour) ones. You were unsure whether it gave you a sense of dread or peace.