𝗈𝗅𝖽 𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗌. 𝖺𝖼𝗍 𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

" 𝗔 𝗦𝗪𝗘𝗘𝗧 𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗗𝗦𝗛𝗜𝗣
𝗥𝗘𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗛𝗘𝗦 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗢𝗨𝗟 ."

- Proverb 27:9

"𝗗𝗜𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗬 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗬 𝗛𝗔𝗩𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗣𝗨𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗛𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗘 𝗔𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗬 𝗧𝗢𝗣 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗧𝗔𝗜𝗡?" Kimiko huffed exhaustedly

"𝗗𝗜𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗬 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗬 𝗛𝗔𝗩𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗣𝗨𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗛𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗘 𝗔𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗬 𝗧𝗢𝗣 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗧𝗔𝗜𝗡?" Kimiko huffed exhaustedly. It was ironic because you were carrying her on your back.

You rolled your eyes, "You act way too childish for someone who recently became a general. You know that right?"

This seemed to have perked up Kimiko. "Now that you mention it. I know that were the same age and all, but when's your birthday Katsuhiko-senpai?" She asked, taking a quick peek at your face.

"My birthday is on (d/o/b). You?"

Stars were seen in her eyes as she gasped excitedly, "Woah really?! Then I'm older than you by a day! Hehe!"

(The feeling that your older than someone by one day is just- yes-)

"That means I can be your onee-chan right?" Kimiko happily triumphed.

You then, to her surprise, dropped her. "Ack-" She coughed out. You put a hand on your hip as you stared at your junior.

"Then miss onee-chan. Since your older than me by a day, why don't you walk the rest of the way hm?" You hummed, soon walking off leaving Kimiko on the floor.

'I'm going to get back pains after this-' Kimiko dreadfully thought to herself. She got up and wiped the excess dirt on her uniform, before catching up to you.

"What business do you have with ms Miko senpai?"

You took a glance at her before taking out an envelope, "I have to deliver a message to her. It appears to be something urgent. I, however don't know what its about." You told her. After all, she's your junior and someone that the shogun thought was worthy of being given the general title.

The two of you continued to walk on the path towards the shrine without any disturbances. You often had to yank Kimiko's collar whenever she almost fell down the mountain. You couldn't believe that such a clumsy and social person was now your co-worker.

"Are we there yet?" Kimiko asked yet again.

"Yeah, just about four more stair cases and we should probably be halfway there." You said, looking at Kimiko's expression, she was dreading it.

"I- I thought we were halfway there already? Whyyyyy~~~~" She whined as she whacked her head into the dirt pavement.

You deadpanned at her behaviour, "Well, I can come up with one significant reason. We would've been halfway there already if SOMEONE didn't almost fall of the edge twenty-four seven." You sarcastically said, clearly pointing the blame at her.