𝗈𝗅𝖽 𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗌. 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗅𝗎𝖽𝖾 𝗈𝗇𝖾

• • •

" if there ever is a tomorrow ,
when we're not together .
there is something you must always remember ,

you are braver than you believe ,
and stronger than you seem ,
and smarter than you think .

but the most important thing is ,
even if we are apart ,
i'll always be with you . "

[ WINNIE THE POOH ]

Thunder roared outside as you laid down on the futon you were given

Thunder roared outside as you laid down on the futon you were given. You were staying with Gorou's family since your parents were out overseas doing an assignment. Or that's what you were told.

Another bolt of thunder hit the ground, causing you to flinch once again. You had disliked the sound of thunder, even the sight of it. It didn't help that it was night as well. You could only flinch at the ruckus outside.

You heard a creak from the door leading to the room you were staying at. You instantly sat up and hesitantly looked at the direction of the door. It was dark, so you didn't know who or what made the door creak. The only source of light was from the window on the opposite wall of you. Making it darker on your side.

"[Name]?" You heard a familiar voice whisper. You let out a sigh of relief, putting a hand over your chest. Feeling the fast rhytmic beating of your heart.

"Gorou? Oh archons, you scared me!" You whispered harshly to Gorou.

Gorou only came in, closing the door behind him. You heard him walk towards you, dragging something along with him.

"Uh.. Uhm.." He stuttered with his words.

"Can.. Can I stay with you for a bit? I.. I don't like sleeping by myself." He whispered quietly, being careful not to wake up any of his family members.

You were surprised but thankfully grateful. "Yeah sure, you can go beside me." You replied back.

You heard some shuffling, then heard the sound of another futon being put down right beside yours. 'Oh, so he dragged his futon here.' You thought blandly.

Gorou then laid down on his futon. You couldn't see him clearly, but you had guessed he was just staring at the ceiling. Only silence was between the both of you. None of yous dared to make a noise, like you both wanted to savour the quietness in the room.

Of course, the peaceful silence was interuppted as another sound of thunder struck again.

You unconsciously, well, it was probably by instinct, that you had grabbed onto Gorou's arm. He flinched as your arm made contact with his.

"[Name]?" He whispered, hesitantly shaking you by the shoulder slightly with his other arm.

You didn't know why he said your name until you yourself realised you were basically clinging to his arm like a helpless baby.

Thank archons that the lights weren't on, because if it was. Then Gorou would've seen your face turn as bright as a pyro vision. Same could be said to Gorou.

"S-Sorry... I got spooked." You said, your voice sounding more timid then you would've liked.

"It's okay. I also got spooked as well." Gorou responded back.

You still clung into his arm, both of your futons slightly overlapped but you guys didn't mind.

"Hey Gorou. If you don't mind, can I just- Hold onto your arm for a little while longer?" You were embarrassed to ask but said it nonetheless.

"Uh, ye... yeah, sure. I don't mind." The brunette male slightly stuttered back. The tips of his ears a faded red.

...

"Gorou. You won't forget me if I go right?" You ask out of the blue. He turned his head to face you.

"What do you mean [Name]? Of course not, you're my best friend." He tried reassuring you for your out of the blue question.

"But like.. If I have to go all the way to another region."

..

"You silly. I'll wait for you of course." He chuckled, you slightly pouted. You let go of his arm.

"Plus," Gorou said, he shifted a slight bit. His body facing yours. He grasped your hand into his, "You don't need to be sad or scared [Name]. Because even if we are apart,  I'll always be with you."

Back then, you were both just kids. So the two of you didn't realise how deep those words had mean't. You didn't know how much it mean't to you.

You smiled, giggling a bit. Gorou's ears perked up slightly.

"You're so cheesy Gorou." You tried keeping your laughter in.

Gorou rolled his eyes, yet you heard him let out a yawn. "Even so, I really meant that [Name]." Another yawn escaped his mouth.

And just on que, you felt a wave of drowsiness take over. You both didn't notice that another bolt of thunder was heard from the sky outside.

You both fell asleep soundly. Your hand on top of his. It was quiet, the peaceful type of quiet. The only sound that could've been heard between the two of you was just you both snoring.

And for some reason, maybe it was a coincidence. Maybe it wasn't. But the thunder soon died down, and rain had started to drizzle for a bit.

It suddenly stops.

It suddenly became a silent night.

One that the both of you wouldn't forget.