𝗰𝗵𝗽𝘁 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲 ᯽ 𝗯𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀𝘄𝗲𝗲𝘁 𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗻𝗶𝗼𝗻 .

" perhaps some things weren't meant to be - "

( i lost the dividers so i guess i gotta do this the old fashioned way- )

• • •

"Do you think fate is real (Name)?" A younger childish version of a certain brunet spoke with curiosity as he asked his friend. His arms crossed atop one another as Gorou rested his head on them, staring through the window at the crescent moon.

Her head peeked up from the book she was reading, tilting her head slightly in thought. "uhm... I don't know actually.." the (e/c) girl said uncertain.

"Isn't fate kinda just a more confusing word for luck? In a way, I was lucky enough to meet you and everyone here on Watasumi Island." She says yet is still in deep thought about the topic.

(Name) looks at her friend, "What do you think Gorou?"

"Well..." His voice trails off, taking his eyes off of the moon and onto her.

PRESENT ...

Is fate another superstition? Fate was a complex word, and the definition was even more so confusing. If fate was real, then anyone could blame the consequences of their actions on fate. On a simple yet difficult superstition. A belief that nobody could confirm true.

Was fate the reason why you were on the front line of the shogun's army? Was fate the reason why you were placed into this position? Was fate the reason why you recklessly decided to vanish?

If so then it wouldn't be your fault you turned out this way. How you used soldiers to kill others on your behalf. How you trained yourself to suck it up when the stench of iron reached your sense of smell.

It was all part of fate's plan. Right?

(Name) quietly lead the front line along with Kujou Sara, her superior. The sound of clattering plates from your subordinates uniforms resounded through her ears. The beating of her anxious heart reached her throat, as she tried forcing the wretched feeling down.

It wasn't often that she would feel nervous. The sound of her heart didn't help the situation. It felt like it had dropped all the way to her stomach. She let out a hard sigh, regaining her composure.

Kujou Sara noticed this, placing a hand on the usually cold general. "You'll be okay, I'll do the talking." Sara said, (Name) nodded in response. Before she leaned closer, whispering to (Name).

"And remember, do not engage in combat with general Gorou."

It wasn't long before everyone had arrived a rendevouz point. It didn't help that the shogun's army was practically within the resistance's territory, where they'd have advantage in spreading out their forces. (Name) surveyed the area quickly, seeing the various trees and bushes on higher grounds. A perfect spot for Sanganomiya's unseen forces to prepare a sudden ambush.

Sara quickly raised her hand to signal the army to stop, they all simultaneously obeyed. (Name) could basically feel the stares burning towards them filled with a mix of emotion. Anger, fear- a little excitement from the small group of masochists on both sides, but we don't talk about them.

(Name) could see that there was a shock gaping expression on both the blond traveller's face and his companion as they saw who general (Name) was. Not expecting this possible outcome. The general sent a look to them, one that read now's not the time- which immediately made them both more composed, yet it was visible to the eye that the duo was still nervous due to how they both shifted uncomfortably.