𝗈𝗅𝖽 𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗌. 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗅𝗎𝖽𝖾 𝗍𝗐𝗈

• • •

" any day spent with you is my favourite ,
so today is my favourite day . "

[ WINNIE THE POOH ]

• • •

Gorou sat on top of the tiles belonging to his home. His parents were currently sleeping soundly as he stared at the navy sky, anticipating the arrival of the sunset he longed to see or hoped to witness. He didn't know if such a purple hued sunset existed as described in the textbooks he'd read. Some would say it was recorded and written by a parent solely based off of their inner child's figment of imagination as they had not seen the sunset held before their own eyes.

Yet then again, nobody now would stay up late to see the sky change into different colours, especially with the pace of the world.

Every four months, that's how long Gorou would have to wait to find out if this exquiste sunset existed if he had missed it. So here he his, gazing at the sun as it goes to sleep.

Meanwhile, [Name] had awoken briefly to get herself a glass of water and then check on Gorou. She yawned slightly after awaking from her ___ hour nap. She held the cup of water to her mouth, sip by sip she drank the water. After finishing her drink, she quickly put the cup into the sink.

As [Name] made her way towards Gorou's bedroom, which was three doors apart from her own, quietly and carefully- [Name] opened the door slighty and took a peek in her childhood friend's room.

"Gorou?" She whispered.. Scanning the room to see if her friend was there. She stepped into his, noticing that the boy wasn't there. Then, she noticed that the window was left wide open, the curtains swaying graciously.

Sighing, [Name] went over to the window, leaning slightly over to see if Gorou had snuck out again-

"[Name]?"  A male voice whispered.

The (h/c)-nette jumped, surprised and slightly shocked when she heard her name in the silence. She quickly looked around, yet nobody was there.

"Up here silly."

Once again, leaning out the window [Name] looked up at the edge of the roof. Seeing the face of the boy she was indeed very close with.

[Name] furrowed her brows at Gorou, he smiled back awkwardly. Crossing her arms, [Name] asked Gorou, "What are you doing up there anyways?"

"Well..." Gorou trailed off, rubbing the back of his neck slightly.

"I read in the book I got from the library that there's this type of sunset that happens every four months. So.... I-"

[Name] softly narrowed her eyes at him suspiciously, "-Decided to stay up past your bedtime to see it?" She says, completing his sentence.

His fluffy ears twitched, as he stuttered slightly, "N-No-" he stuttered before pausing as she stared at him with piercing eyes. "Okay maybe..." he admited, his head hung low.

She pouted, "Well if you were going to stay up at least invite me!" The human girl says quickly, as she makes her way out the window and attempts to climb onto the roof. Gorou's eyes widens slightly. Worried that his close-friend would hurt herself, he helps [Name] up. Grabbing her hand and hoisting her up.

"Thanks." She simply says, sitting down beside him.

"So..." [Name] dragged out the word, swinging her legs carelessly. Tilting her head towards him.

"How much longer do we have to wait for this... uh.. thing?"

Gorou pouted, "It's a sunset." He corrected her. She rolled her eyes jokingly.

"Yeah yeah whatever you nerd~" She messes with him, ruffling his brown soft hair- avoiding touching his sensitive ears. A blush of embarrassment appeared on Gorou's face.

"Okay, okay! I get it, i'm a nerd-" He quickly says, looking at the opposite direction while getting [Name]'s hand of his head, "But you don't need to mess with my hair."

A burst of laughter came from the girl, confusing the poor boy, "You just get embarrassed to easily Gorou!" She said, teasing him a bit.

"Am not!" He quickly defends himself.

She crossed her arms on top of one another, "You're just experiencing one of the five stages of grief." She says jokingly, a sly smirk on her face, "you're in denial."

Gorou's ears twitched, his face still dusted with pink.

An awkward slience loomed over them. They were both just looking at the almost night-filled sky.

"..."

"..."

Gorou then decided to interupt the silence, "[Name]."

"Yeah." She responded, kicking her legs slighty.

Good thing she wasn't looking at him, or else she would've seen how the blush on his face grew, "I really li-".

He didn't get to finish his sentence as the girl's attention focused on the scene before her.

A purple sunset that was rumoured to be a fairy tale, just a figment of imagination. It brought an aura of warmth and serenity.

Gorou finally managed to get to see it in person. Yet he caught a of glimpse of his childhood friend staring in awe with mesmerised eyes. He smiled softly, switching his sights back onto the sunset as it started fading away from existence.

[Name] quickly shook her head. She turned her head to Gorou, "What was it you were going to say?"

The boy laughed nervously, debating whether he should still tell her or not, "I just wanted to say that.." the palms of his hand grew slightly sweaty.

"I really admire you." He says with a smile on his face.

The girl smiled, taking his words as a compliment.

This was probably the first and last time they'd see a calming sunset..

• • •

yeah i kept this the same, it's really just a flashback ¯\_(ツ)_/¯