43- Why Does My Heart Cry?

"Padme, I saw your ship..." Anakin said and hugged padme.

"Oh, Anakin!" Padme said.

"What's happening?" Anakin asked, "I don't remember this".

"It's all right, you're safe now. What are you doing out here?" Anakin asked.

"I was so worried about you. Obi-Wan told me terrible things." Padme said.

"What things?" Anakin asked.

"What is this?" Obi-Wan questioned.

"He said you have turned to the dark side... that you killed younglings." Padme said.

Anakin reeled from what he heard. He looked at himself and knew he had. He could tell that he had done this. Would have done this in another universe. Obi-Wan looked at Anakin seeing his expression.

"Anakin..." Obi-Wan started flabbergasted.

"Obi-Wan is trying to turn you against me." Anakin said his voice drowning in anger.

"No you idoit" Anakin blurted out.

"He cares about us." Padme said.

"Us??!" Anakin snapped.

"He knows . . . He wants to help you." Padme said.

"Is Obi-Wan going to protect you? He can't ... he can't help you. He's not strong enough" Anakin said.

"Oh what are you going on about?" Obi-Wan asked.

"I had dreams of Padmes death for months. I was getting desperate and didn't know how I would save her" Anakin said, "thats why I wanted the rank of master. Not because of being the highest rank... but because I would have access to the older jedi texts. I just wanted to save her".

"But why didn't you tell me?" Obi-Wan asked.

"I thought you would just turn me over to the council" Anakin said, "Luke kept me grounded in reality. I'm sorry Obi-Wan".

"Anakin, all I want is your love." Padme said.

"Love won't save you, Padme. Only my new powers can do that." Anakin said.

"At what cost? You are a good person. Don't do this" Padme cried.

"I won't lose you the way I lost my mother! I've become more powerful than any Jedi has ever dreamed of and I've done it for you. To protect you." Anakin said.

"Come away with me. Help me raise our child. Leave everything else behind while we still can." Padme said.

"Don't you see, we don't have to run away anymore. I have brought peace to the Republic. I am more powerful than the Chancellor. I can overthrow him, and together you and I can rule the galaxy. Make things the way we want them to be." Anakin said.

"I don't believe what I'm hearing . . . Obi-Wan was right. You've changed." Padme said remorsefully.

"I don't want to hear any more about Obi-Wan. The Jedi turned against me. Don't you turn against me." Anakin snapped.

"You realize Padme has been my good friend for years" Obi-Wan asked.

"Well I know that now" Anakin said with a shrug.

"I don't know you anymore. Anakin, you're breaking my heart. I'll never stop loving you, but you are going down a path I can't follow." Padme said.

"Because of Obi-Wan?" Anakin accused.

"FRIEND" Obi-Wan emphasized.

"I am aware".