14- My Voice Just Wants To Lead You

Still a few months ago

"What the hell Luke?" Anakin said, walking into Luke and Leias room. Leia jumped awake looking at Luke who was silently reading a book.

Luke looked up from his book to meet Anakins eyes. He looked furious and beyond hurt. Leia waited for one of the men to speak. For Luke to say a smart retort or for the obvious scolding Anakin was about to give.

"I did that to you?" he asked gesturing to Lukes prostetic hand.

Luke was stunned and almost didn't answer.

"Er well... You... you knew that already"

"I left you to die in that pit?" Anakin asked, his voice getting higher.

"Not exactly..."

"You never knew your mother?!" Anakin acussed.

"Anakin..." Leia said, exasperated.

"How could you forgive me" he continued and turned to Leia "How can you even look at me...?".

Leia opened her mouth to speak and looked at Luke who as just as stunned.

"What are you talking about?" Luke asked.

"Alderaan, The city in the clouds, The forest with the Ewaks, and who was that man you were with?". Anakin said on the verge of tears.

"You weren't supposed to see that" Luke said standing up.

"I wasn't supposed to know that i'm the reason that you two grew up without parents. Im the reason a planet was destroyed, and i cut off my own son's hand?" Anakin said.

Luke was again to stunned to speak. He just stared at Anakin who was waiting for him to speak. Leia shifted in her bed and was now sitting crosslegged on it. Luke and leia exchanged small glances at eachother. Anakin took another step in the room giving a pleading look at both.

"Anakin?" Padme said walking in holding her belly. She looked between the three. Luke and leia looked her in the eyes seing her confused expression, "What's all this ruckus about?".

Anakin didnt look at her and looked down. He looked as if it pained him to hear her voice. As if he hadn't heard it in years. She took another weary step towred him.

"Anakin" she said touching his shoulder and he pulled away.

She looked shocked at first but then looked at Luke. He motioned for her to leave. She nodded as if understanding although she felt so confused.

"Im gonna make some tea..." she said, "Ill... Ill bring you... some".

Once she was out the door Anakin looked up at Luke then Leia. He looked at them for a long while, studying their expressions. Though he ended up staring at Leia. She kept her eyes on him as well.

"You have your mothers eyes Leia" He said, his voice breaking.

"Anakin... you must understand" Luke said, "You were brainwashed by the Emperor".

"The Emperor?" Anakin asked, confused, "Ive never seen the man".

"Hes closer than you think" Luke said ominously.

"Who is it?" Anakin asked.

Luke paused.

"Thats apparently for you to find out" Leia said as softly as she could.

Anakin looked at leia again. Leia saw the hurt in his eyes and could finally understand what he felt. Even meeting his, already grown up children, he already felt responsible for his actions. Even though he hadn't committed the unspeakable acts he had done in the past yet. She sighed and looked away to escape his sad gaze.

"Okay" Anakin said patiently and breathed to calm himself, "Okay".

"How was the council meeting?" Luke asked, eager to change the dark subject.

"They doubt me" Anakin said, his tone darkening, "They didnt even grant me the rank of master even though im on the council".

"Why?" Luke asked honestly intrigued.

"They've always thought of me as a child. Even though im more powerful than them all" Anakin said.

"Dont think yourself superior" Leia said instantly, "The man we call Vader... Hes, power hungry. The most powerful sithlord in the galaxy.... or at least... he was".

"I just wish they wouldn't treat me like that" Anakin said.

Luke nodded.

"Okay I'm sorry for.... intruding on... what were you doing?" Anakin asked.

"I found that book you told me about and thought I'd read it" Luke said, "five weeks in the freezing cold usually inspires me to learn about the force".

Leia chuckled, "he left to Dagubah after our battle against the empire on Hoth".

Anakin brought a chair to sit in between the twins.

"I learned alot there with Yoda as a teacher" luke said.

"Who was that man I saw?" Anakin asked.

"Who Han?" Leia asked, "scruffy looking, pretty tall?".

"Yes... his name is Han?" Anakin asked.

"Yes. He's a good friend of ours" Luke said.

"Well Obi-Wan's been sent to track down Grievous's" Anakin said, "and they gave me no mission".

Hearing their previous statements encouraged him to try not to feel anger about not having a mission.

"They did tell me to spy on Palpatine" Anakin said and Lukes face flashed with fear, "I tried to deny bu-".

"No... whenever you see the Chancellor. Bring me with you" Luke cut off.

"Ooooookay" Anakin said raising an eyebrow.

It went on in this way for awhile. It was like clockwork, but not as annoying and tiresome. Anain found he liked when Luke would tag along with him on his daily trips and that Leia and padme got along ao well. They were like a family, a real one and not the broken home Luke had grown up in. Leia found herself training more times than not. Most times Luke would accompany her and others Anakin. Sometimes Obi-Wan stopped to help in her training. That is until Leia had told Luke and Anakin, she wanted to go with Obi-Wan to find General Grevious. Leia stood hand in hand with Luke.

'I really wish you wouldn't go but I know not to argue with you' Luke said.

Leia smiled, 'be careful brother'

'Be careful sister' Luke said.

She hugged Luke tight and ran over to jump into the ship.

"Goodbye old friend. May the force be with you" Obi-Wan said as Leia stood by him waving to Luke.

Anakin smiled and the cruiser lifts and asends into space. Luke looks up momentarily before looking back at anakin.

"Wanna train with me?" Anakin asked and Luke smiled, "maybe I can teach you a few things".

***

"I don't know why, but I feel like leaving was a mistake" Obi-Wan said, "I hope it's only a feeling".

Leia looked at Obi-Wan, "I feel it too. Something bad is going to happen".

"Our mission is Grievous. Let's try and focus on it" Obi-Wan said, still staring out the window.

Leia squinted her eyes at the perturbed look on Obi-Wans face. He stroked his beard in deep thought, maybe even fear and guilt. Leia didn't question him although her heart wanted to. If he said he was alright then it was likely he was. She hoped.

"What ever you say" Leia said, with a nod.