9- Please Don't Leave Me In The End

"Luke over here" Leia yelled, seeing her brother pacing back and forth.

His steps were heavy and quick as he walked from one pillar to another. His expression gave nothing away but for Leia, his thought betrayed him. He was scared and anxious beyond belief. Leia stopped him at the second pillar in his path.

"Luke, slow down" she said once he stopped.

She grabbed one of his arms.

"Something needs to happen. It needs to happen quickly" Luke said, turning to her.

"Like what?" Leia asked, "you said we have to be patient. What happened to you when you went with the Chancellor?".

"He knows. He knows I'm a Skywalker. The Emperor knows who I am! He probably knows what we're doing here" Luke said, "I don't know ho-".

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you at all?" Leia said, ignoring his previous statements.

"We both might be in serious danger and you're asking if he hurt me?" Luke questioned.

"We're always in danger because of Han. What's the worst that can happen?" Leia asked, "We're gonna be fine".

"I really hope so, Leia... but now I have to go. Anakin asked if i wanna go flying and i said i needed an hour" Luke said, "I just... need to calm down or he'll feel my stress".

"Best not keep father waiting" Leia said in a low voice, "I'm going back to the apartment. I promised Padme I'd help build the crib they received".

"They're in for a big surprise aren't they" Luke asked and Leia chuckled.

She sighed and patted Luke's shoulder.

"Please be careful Luke" Leia said seriously, "I can't imagine losing you after I've just found you".

"Nothings going to happen to me, Leia," Luke said and hugged her briefly, "I promise you that".

***

"Luke! I thought you'd never get here" Anakin said as Luke walked in.

"You must know you didn't have to wait for me" Luke said, taking a headset two droids had laid out for him.

"It's not exactly intentional," Anakin said, "I don't wait for anyone, but I guess today is different. Usually... I just jump in. Obi-Wan hates that about me".

Luke chuckled, "Han would say that about me. He would say I'm reckless and out of my mind".

"Who's Han?" Anakin asked.

"He's a good friend back in my time. My sister's husband" Luke said, "I first met him on Tatooine. That's where I'm from".

Anakin smiled and pulled himself into the ship once they cleared him. Luke did the same looking at the droid they installed.

'Hello I am R9D9, I'm glad to be flying with you' beeped the droid.

Luke settled into the ship immediately getting used to the controls. Republic flyers had a similar build to X-wings. The controls were very simplistic and their design easy to see.

"You know I'm from Tatooine as well" Anakin said, "at least until I was found and brought to the temple to train as a Jedi".

"Well something happened to me that made me leave. something horrible" Luke said as he powered the ship on. He watched Anakin in his ship from the corner of his eye. He was looking at him with a questioning gaze.

He would have asked if Luke hadn't spoken up about how his aunt and uncle were killed and he left with Obi-Wan Kenobi. Anakin took a minute to process this.