Chapter 82- You Tricked Us!?

((EDITED 12/16/22))

Tomas POV

-
-
I sat on the couch, notebook in hand, waiting for Inky to come back. I jolted up when I heard Henry's bedroom door open. I widened my eyes when I saw him. "I-Inky! What are you doing!?" I growled, backing away, raising my metal arm. Inky stood in front of, Henry. "It's okay, Tomas! The red ink disappeared!"

I stared in disbelief. 'B-But...that's impossible...'

I huffed and nodded. "If you say so...but just to make sure! I need to ask you some questions..." I said. Henry nodded and walked over to me. I pulled out my notebook and pen. "What happened before the ink took over?"

"I fell to the ground, unable to really take in a breath. I looked around and I saw a figure. It looked just like me...but it was covered in blood and red ink...the last thing I remember was passing out on the hard floor..." He explained. I sighed and nodded, writing it down. "What did the ink do? What did you see? When did you wake back up?"

"I didn't see anything. I passed out, the ink took control of my body. Then I woke up on the floor in the same spot...and when I looked at my hands, the ink was gone..." Henry mumbled. I raised a brow. "You didn't see anything the ink did?" I asked. He shook his head. "Immediately I knew something was off, but I couldn't be so sure. I wrote the last information down in my notebook and sighed. "Let's just go eat...today has been a stressful one..."

Everyone nodded and sat at the table as I made the food. I felt really uneasy by, Henry. I know for a fact he was lying, that was sure. 'From what Joey had said...the red ink takes control of you and basically impersonates you. But you're still in control, you are supposed to see what is happening...there's just no way that's actually, Henry...'

I sighed and finished making dinner. I walked out and placed the plates of food down by everyone. I stood and watched Henry as I ate. He was staring at his fork, not bothering to eat. 'He always eats...not once has he ever just sat there...'

I sighed and sat down next to, Inky. They looked over to me. "You good, Tomas?" They asked. I nodded and took a bite of my food. "I just...feel a bit uneasy..." I mumbled. Inky smiled and pat my back. "If you need to go lay down to relax yourself, go ahead." They said. I nodded.

I was about to get up when I turned my head to look at Henry again. I widened my eyes and stood up, my metal arm raised slightly. Inky stared at me in concern. "You good?"

I stared at Henry as I backed away, against a wall. "R-R-Re-d." I stuttered, not being able to get it out. A sudden scream alerted Inky as they perked up, jerking their head to look at Henry and Buddy. Henry had just stabbed Buddy in the leg with a fork. "Oops! Well I guess that blew my cover..." Mumbled Henry as the red ink came back, covering all the ink that was on him.

Inky growled and back away, frightened. Henry chuckled and stood up. "I do gotta say...the food did look...rather appetizing...but...I still couldn't bring myself to eat it." He mumbled. I gritted my teeth and raised my metal arm. Inky perked up their tail as they stood up on all fours.

Henry smirked. "As for you, Inky..." Henry started as he walked toward the Devil. I ran the opposite direction, the others were already in hiding spots. I sighed as I watched Inky and Henry very closely.

Henry leaned down to Inky and booped their nose. "Thanks for letting me out~...it was getting so lonely in there~..." Henry purred before standing up. "Y-You tricked us! You tricked me!?" Inky hissed. Henry smiled. "I know~...but how else would I have gotten you right where I want you~?"