22 (Finale) - Farewell

(Y/N) was nervously shifting around his chair waiting for class to start.

How am I gonna phrase this?

Is it gonna be weird?

Did the teacher already mention something? Would I be repeating it?

The 9 o'clock bell interrupted his thoughts.

"Good morning, class. Before we get started, (Y/N) wanted to inform you all of something." The teacher nodded at him.

(Y/N) took a deep breath and stood up. He slowly walked to the front of the class.

"Hey, everyone." He paused for a moment, then continued. "Thank you all for such a wonderful year. I've really enjoyed staying in Japan, but... my time has come." He bowed. "Thank you again, everyone. For the nice times, for the inclusion, and for being my friends."

He looked around and, to his surprise, noticed a bit of shock on people's faces. "I leave on Saturday, but this will be my last day since I need to pack and move out, you know?

"Anyway... Thank you guys." He went back to his seat.

When the class' volume raised to a murmur, Fuutarou leaned over. "Hey, what was that about?"

"What do you mean?"

"You never told me about this, about you leaving."

"That's correct."

"Why not?! We could've thrown you a goodbye party!"

"You don't need to do that..."

"You know, Raiha is always talking about how you and Ally and Itsuki would be the perfect older siblings."

"Oh, really? Interesting. Give her a hug for me."

"Will do... wait. Who's going to tutor the Nakanos now?"

(Y/N) shrugged. "I dunno. You can."

Fuutarou was taken aback. "What? No, never again!"

(Y/N) shrugged again and looked at his desk, dismissing Fuutarou.

(Y/N) sat through class, paying attention to take in his last bit of Japanese education. Lunch came pretty soon.

He sat down at his normal table with Fuutarou. Before long, Itsuki carefully ran over — she was holding her tray of food — to talk to (Y/N).

"(L/N)-kun!"

"That's me," he looked up.

"Why are you leaving?" She sat down.

"Didn't I tell you guys? Ally and I had planned to leave after a year of being here. Our plane tickets were purchased months ago."

"I gotta go tell my sisters." She scurried away to the Nakanos' table.

(Y/N) kept quiet in an attempt to overhear them. Fuutarou tried to talk, but was shushed by (Y/N).

"Guys!" Itsuki whispered but was still easily audible to the boys.

Nino shooed Itsuki with her hand. "If it's about (Y/N), I don't want to hear it."

Now, since the Nakanos are quintuplets, their voices are pretty similar. But when they get surprised, it's easy to tell them apart, especially when one screams "What?!" at the top of her lungs.

"Nino, quiet down—"

"I need to give him a piece of my mind." Nino got up and stomped over to (Y/N)'s table.

(Y/N) looked up from his food. "Hey, Nino," he greeted her with a full mouth.

"You get some pretty bad ideas sometimes, but this! This takes the cake."