8 - Session #2

A/N: okay a brief announcement first: the story has hit half a thousand reads!! 🎉

I was about to go to sleep last night, and I checked the read count (as I always do), and I was very happy to see that number. I'm just happy at this milestone because it's at this point — right now — that it's obvious to me that actual people are actually reading this story.

and funny enough, since last night, that number has gone up from 500 to 560!

alright, I won't keep you waiting any longer. enjoy the chapter!

(btw sorry that this chapter is a little short. it's also quite meaningless (i.e. nothing interesting really happens), but I hope you like it anyway)

- = + = -

Friday came, but unlike Wednesday, it came at a reasonable pace. Probably because the novelty of meeting the five for the first time had dissipated after the session.

(Y/N) was waiting for Fuutarou at the base of the building for the second time that week.

He then heard that same Fuutarou running down the street for the second time that week.

"You have to stop being late, dude."

Fuutarou leaned on the wall to catch his breath. "It's not like they're going to deduct my pay, though."

"They might, if you keep doing this."

Fuutarou's eyes widened. "Okay. I'll stop."

(Y/N) laughed. He must really need this money... "Ring."

Fuutarou cocked his head in confusion.

"Ring up."

Fuutarou mouthed his realization before going towards the screen next to the door. He pressed a button and waited.

"What?" an annoyed Nino answered.

(Y/N) got a little overexcited and pushed Fuutarou out of the way. "It's mall time."

The two heard the first bit of a scream before it was cut off.

"I guess Nino likes the mall," (Y/N) guessed.

"She looks the part."

"Hey! Don't judge a book by its cover, dude."

"Was that... Dhar Mann again?"

"You'll have to get used to it."

Fuutarou sighed. As he did, the elevator door opened.

There were five girls in the elevator. One of which had a reusable tote bag in each hand, forearms raised up. She had a huge smile plastered on her face, but it slowly vanished as she approached the boys. The rest of the girls followed behind her.

"You," Nino, suddenly serious, pointed at (Y/N). "I like you."

The comment caught (Y/N) a bit off guard, so he naturally blushed a bit.

Nino then realized what he thought she said. "No, I mean– I don't like you, I just... like. You. I appreciate you taking us to the mall, that's what I meant."

(Y/N) just vigorously nodded, trying to get her to stop talking.

Fuutarou interrupted. "Wait... how are we getting there?"

(Y/N) turned to him. "Car."

Fuutarou was confused. "What car?"

"Ryan's car."

Fuutarou was even more confused. "Who's Ryan?"

(Y/N) showed him his phone. "Our Uber driver."

Fuutarou's head was spinning in circles. "Uber? But... how are we going to afford that...?"