1 - A New Reality

A/N: hello everyone! just a reminder to read the "Important Info" chapter before this. it's not mandatory, but it will make the reading experience better. thank you, and enjoy the story!

- = + = -

This was a big day.

This would be the day.

The day that (Y/N) made his trip.

"It'll be fun!" they said.

"It'll be a great experience!" they said.

"What's the worst that can happen?" they said.

But moving to a country halfway around the world was no small thing.

Yes, (Y/N) had gone before. He liked it. It was nice.

But did he want to move there? Not particularly.

Whatever, he had thought. It's temporary. No problem. If I don't like it, I'll leave. Simple as that.

"Big Bubber!" (Bubber = brother)

Well, at least (Y/N) had some company.

"Big Bubber!"

"...what?"

"We're boarding!"

"Oh, already? Cool."

(Y/N) stowed his doubts away in his suitcase, along with his music player and headphones.

"Flight TS806, bound for Chūbu International Airport, is now boarding," a voice was heard over the PA system.

Welp, no going back now.

(Y/N) was conflicted. He wanted the new experience and thought the things he learned would contribute to his overall self.

And then he wanted to stay home. Japan was a big place. Why not just stay home? Nothing bad would happen then.

Come on, man up. Worst case scenario, I don't like it and I move back. Best case scenario... I don't know, I get myself a girl, or something... heh, what am I thinking? No chance. This isn't a shounen, this is real life.

"Sir, are you with this girl?" a boarding attendant asked.

(Y/N) snapped back from his thoughts.

"Hi, um, yes, I am."

"I need your passports, please."

"Right away," (Y/N) said, reaching into his pockets to retrieve their passports.

"(F/N)?"

"That'd be me."

"Ally (L/N)?"

"That'd be her."

"Alright. Have a good flight!" the attendant bid them farewell as she handed (Y/N) the passports back.

"Thanks, you, too," he replied.

Bruh... more than a decade and a half on this planet and I still can't stop saying "you, too"...

"Big Bubber!"

"Hey."

"Are you excited?"

"Enough."

"Aww... come on, this is gonna be amazing!" Ally exclaimed, throwing her arms in the air. In doing so, she accidentally let go of the handle of her suitcase, letting it tip over. She managed to catch it before it hit the ground.

"If you say so."

"Hey, where's that optimism?" she asked, peering into (Y/N)'s eyes from a very short distance. "I know it's in there somewhere..."