11 - An Outdoor Excursion

A/N: just a quick announcement, this story has broken 50 votes! yes, it's not a lot, but that's more impressive than reads in my opinion.

so without further ado, enjoy the story!

- = + = -

"Fuutarou-kun, do we have to do this homework?"

"I already told you, Ichika - yes, you do need to do this homework."

"Fine... but I can barely focus today!"

"Maybe you should be sleeping more or something."

"I don't think that's the problem for her," Nino said.

"Back to work, please."

"You know," Itsuki interrupted, "it's a very nice day outside today."

"Okay, and...?"

Yotsuba gasped. "Itsuki, you gave me an idea! We should study outside today!"

"I really don't think that's necess-"

"I agree," Ichika said. "I do a lot of my acting outside, and I tend to focus better outdoors."

"Girls, please, just get back to wo-"

"Fuutarou," (Y/N) finally said something. He continued, slowly. "You should let the girls do what they want to do."

Fuutarou heaved an overdramatic sigh. "Fine. Is there a park nearby?"

"There's one down the street," Itsuki said.

"Then pack your stuff!" (Y/N) took charge.

"Uh uh uh, not so fast," Fuutarou said before anyone could move. "Each of you, finish the page you're on right now. Then we'll go."

The girls sighed. So did (Y/N). "Bro, you're such a buzzkill."

"As if you would do better."

"And if I would?"

"Well, to prove that, I would have to either quit or be fired, and I'm not quitting."

"You say that so confidently, but being fired isn't an impossibility."

"I don't know why their father would want to fire me when I'm doing such a good job."

"Girls," (Y/N) turned to the five. "Can you confidently say that you understand the material after Fuutarou has taught you?"

"Hey! Don't make me look like the bad guy here."

"But if you are...?"

"Then do something to fix it!"

"I've been trying!" (Y/N) cleared his throat. "Sorry. Girls?"

They shook their heads.

Nino said, "Not because of him, at least."

(Y/N) turned back to Fuutarou.

"You suck, (Y/N)."

"Love you too, bro." (no homo btw)

(Y/N) got up and took his backpack with him. "Alright. Finish your homework quickly, girls, because I'm leaving soon."

The girls did their best to finish their worksheets quickly, which didn't take too long. They then set off for the park.

Ichika took a deep breath. "Ahh... I love being outside."

Yotsuba sprang in front of the group. "Me too! You guys should hurry up before I leave you in my dust."