10 - A Familiarizing Interaction

(Y/N) was waiting at the base of the building (again).

Fuutarou came only a minute after (Y/N) this time, though.

(Y/N) put his hands on his hips. "We leave school at the same time. We come to the same location. I even have to pick up and drop off my sister. And you still show up after me!"

"Hey, I have a sister to check on too!"

"Oh. You have a sister?"

"Yes! We spent all lunch talking about her!"

"Right... sorry, I was tired today."

"Well, I hope that changes, since we really need to study this session." Fuutarou rang the girls up on the screen.

"Dude, cut them some slack. You don't need to force an entire curriculum on them in the first week."

"But they're not understanding it!"

"Then you should use a different method rather than pushing the one you're using harder."

"What?" a voice interrupted.

Fuutarou responded. "We're here, let us up."

"And why should I?"

"Because we're getting paid for this."

Nino made a buzzing noise. "Wrong!"

"Because we're obliged?"

Another buzzing noise.

(Y/N) interrupted before Fuutarou could say anything else. "Because we want the best for you, hence why we're giving our time for you five to succeed?"

Another buzzing noise... except this one was the door.

"Correct. Come on up."

While they were riding the elevator, (Y/N) lightly punched Fuutarou's arm.

"Do you even care about them?"

"Yeah."

"Wow, you lie as naturally as you breathe."

Fuutarou thrust his fists down. "That wasn't a lie!"

"Then how come the first answer you gave to 'why should Nino let you up?' was 'because we're getting paid'?"

"..."

"That's what I thought."

The elevator dinged and opened its doors.

Nino was cooking again, and (Y/N) had an idea.

He quietly snuck up on her again. But this time, without even looking, she flicked his forehead.

(Y/N) playfully whined and put his hands to his forehead. "Owww!! You hurt me...!"

"Serves you right."

(Y/N) quit the act. "Yeah, I guess it does."

He skipped his way to the stairs, but slowed down to climb them. He knocked on the first door.

"Come in."

He energetically opened the door. "Tutor time!- oh. You're already studying?"

Itsuki was reading from a textbook at her desk. "Oh, (Y/N)," she quickly closed the textbook, "good evening!"

(Y/N) approached her. "There's nothing wrong with studying, Itsuki. You don't have to be ashamed. In fact, you should be proud."

Itsuki looked at him, then at the textbook, then back at him, then sighed. "I guess... What subject are we studying today?"