4 - In Trouble?

A/N: this one's a bit short, but it's important for context later on. enjoy!

- = + = -

The students were back in the classroom. Lunch had ended, and class had resumed.

The students were waiting for a teacher when an unexpected visitor came instead.

The principal.

Everyone immediately stood up. (Y/N) was momentarily confused and did the same.

"Please be seated," the principal said, and the students did so.

Everyone looked at him in silence.

"I request to speak with (F/N)."

A few "o~"s spread across the room.

"And also Uesugi."

A few more "o~"s spread.

"Now?" (Y/N) asked nervously.

"I was planning on it, yes."

"..."

"I don't have all day, gentlemen."

They both quickly got up from their seats and followed the principal out of the room.

On the way out, (Y/N) punched Fuutarou in the arm.

"Dude! Did you report me for flirting or something?"

Fuutarou was immediately defensive.

"No! I thought you were just being nice!"

"I was, but you seem like the type of guy to not know the difference."

"!!"

Fuutarou was really restraining himself. He just took a deep breath and looked away. He didn't like (Y/N) very much.

They finally reached the principal's office and took a seat inside.

"The first thing I will tell you two," the principal started, "is that you're not in trouble."

They both breathed a big sigh of relief.

The principal laughed. "Don't worry. I don't usually get students in trouble on the first day."

The boys tried to laugh too, but it sounded quite weak.

"Alright, let's get down to business," the principal said, putting his hands on the table like a businessman. "I need you two for something."

"?" The boys were intrigued.

"I need a tutor. For these girls. I would normally ask for one tutor, but there's a lot of them, so two might be better."

"Like... how many?" (Y/N) asked.

"Five."

(Y/N) and Fuutarou both raised their eyebrows.

"I know...," the principal sighed. "And they're all failing."

(Y/N) grimaced. Fuutarou didn't look surprised at that part.

"Anyway. I would like you two to tutor them."

(Y/N) looked at the principal with a confused stare, then cleared his throat. "Um... with all due respect, sir, why me? I'm not particularly good at Japanese, and I'm leaving Japan after this year."

"I don't know, (Y/N), it sounds like you're good at speaking. There was no hesitation in your diction at all. And for the second part, it's okay. If all goes well, they'll only need this year."