6 - The Day Of, Part 1

A/N: as you could probably tell by the title, this is part 1 of the chapter. part 2 will be uploaded tomorrow.

- = + = -

Wednesday came sooner than expected.

(Y/N) was picking Ally up, again.

"Today was so FUN!" Ally yelled.

"That's the third time you've said that this week. I'm starting to question your definition of 'fun'."

"Hey! It's not my fault life in Japan is fun."

Yep.

Ally loudly clapped her hands together. "ANYway. Are you excited for your tutoring?"

"Not really."

"Why though? You'll be earning a baffling amount of money and you'll... you... I got nothing."

"Exactly."

"Okay, fine. But if they're girls..."

"I'm sure not all of them are girls."

Ally commented very quietly, "Watch as they're all girls."

"Haha, as if."

"Anything can happen these days."

"True. And we're in Japan so..."

(Y/N) let his words trail off. They had finally reached home.

"Bye, Ally. You can treat yourself to some microwavable stuff if you want."

"Scalloped potatoes?"

"Sure."

"Yay!"

"See you later."

(Y/N) waved as Ally disappeared into the building.

He waited for a few seconds to ensure she wasn't coming back before returning to the sidewalk.

He walked about a hundred steps down to the condo building. He didn't know where it started, but he and Ally had been calling it "the shady-looking condo building" for the past couple of weeks. It seemed fitting though; it was the tallest building on the street and had a menacing aura around it.

He agreed to meet Fuutarou at the base of the building half an hour after school ended. The half-hour had nearly passed, and Fuutarou was not in sight.

That was until (Y/N) started to hear faint footsteps.

He looked up to see Fuutarou.

"You're late," (Y/N) scolded with a serious face.

Fuutarou seemed out of breath. "I know."

(Y/N)'s expression suddenly changed happy as he slapped Fuutarou's back. "Just kidding, my dude! Right on time."

Fuutarou breathed a sigh of relief.

"Alright," (Y/N) reminded Fuutarou, "they live in the penthouse."

"Yeah. You need all that space for five people, I guess."

"Buzz up."

"..."

"C'mon, you probably have a better chance. Plus, you're the main guy. I'm your sidekick."

"Ugh. Fine."

Fuutarou pressed on the screen next to the door. He waited a few seconds.

A very annoyed voice came through the speaker. "Hi, what do you want?"