20e - Fivefold Fulfillment: Yotsuba

Yotsuba was pacing in front of her building, waiting for (Y/N).

"Where is he?!" she looked at the time on her phone. It was 15 minutes before the time they had agreed to meet, but Yotsuba was not the most patient person.

(Y/N) skipped down the road and met Yotsuba. "Good morning, Yotsuba!"

"(L/N)-san! There you are!"

"Yep, that's me."

"Then let's go!" She spun around in the direction she wanted to go.

(Y/N) followed her. "Hey, Yotsuba... where are we going, and why did you ask me to bring exactly two thousand yen?"

"You'll see," she winked at him.

"If you say so."

The two walked in a direction none of the other Quints had led him. (Y/N) decided to roll with it and didn't say anything.

"Hey, (L/N)-san?"

"Yep?"

"Do you know how to skate?"

"Like, ice skate?"

"Yeah!"

"Kinda, why?"

"Great!"

(Y/N) started speculating about where Yotsuba was taking him and reached a plausible assumption.

"Ta-da!!" Yotsuba spread her arms, showing (Y/N) the building in front of them. "The skating rink!"

(Y/N) laughed. "Ichika did that, too."

"*gasp!* Ichika took you here, too?!"

"No, I meant she did that motion."

"But did she take you to the ice rink?! I wanted to be the first!"

"I just said she didn't–"

"(L/N)-san, will you mind if I take you here, too?" she asked him with 'sorry' written over her face.

(Y/N) sighed, knowing he wouldn't be able to do that much longer. "No, Yotsuba, I won't mind," he smiled.

"Yay!" she beamed as she entered the building.

(Y/N) smiled more. Yotsuba was the type of person that when she was happy, it made you want to be happy.

Yotsuba excitedly bought her pair of rental skates.

"(L/N)-san, what shoe size are you?"

"Um... 10 or 11-ish?"

"10 or 11? C'mon, they have to be bigger than that! They look at least 25 to me."

"25? What are you talk–" Oh, right. Centimetres. "Er... I don't know, we can measure them." (Y/N) had lived in Japan for almost a year at that point and could still barely remember many of their practices.

The worker measured (Y/N)'s feet and got him suitably sized skates.

"Two thousand yen, please."

Ah, so that's what it was for, (Y/N) thought as he gave the worker the money.

(Y/N) and Yotsuba put on their skates and then walked to the rink.

"*gasp!* We're the only ones here, (L/N)-san!"

"So it seems."

"Let's go!!" she tugged on his arm.

"Hey, stop it, I'm gonna fall!"

Yotsuba immediately started skating and left (Y/N) on his own. He carefully stepped on the ice and skated a bit.

"Hey, this isn't that bad–"