THIRTY

The next day, Lotuspaw seemed preoccupied to do much of any talking. However, life went on and xe had to do xer chores. Beepaw offered to help, and Cotton'nose asked if Lotuspaw was feeling sluggish. Lotuspaw denied it.

Xe was feeling sick but not ill, more so sick to xer stomach... sick of how cruel life was.

But then she remembered Smogbreath had told her life was cruel. Life was harsh and vile and challenging; as so victory was sweeter. And it seemed to make sense; what is good if there is no bad in life? Obviously, it didn't help the pain or make Lotuspaw instantly better... But it did help Lotuspaw keep motivated.

Lotuspaw felt so much curiosity about that plant though. Something called her to it.

So, she'd sneak away that night to go see it. She sat in front of it, it was so glowing and gorgeous. It gave her hope.

She began to sing to it even, singing out her heart and emotions.

And it grew more.

It let other flowers sprout from the ground... What kind of dream was this? It made Lotuspaw feel dizzy, like she was hallucinating yet it gave her a serene calmness.

"Take it, dear." A feminine voice had called out, it was a soft voice barely above a whisper

Lotuspaw looked around, "Who's there?"

"Nevermind," You could tell they smiled at that, "Take the flower, my dear."

Lotuspaw didn't have a good feeling. She'd immediately stand up and begin to back away from it; for all she knew this was dark forest tactics. But suddenly when she ran into the forest, those around her coughed violently and looked sickly. It was horrifying, they were everywhere and it smelt like decay.

She'd run back to the flower, seeing a barely visible, bright pelted cat was seen touching it, making it grow even more.

"Lotuspaw, take this plant and heal your friends," Suddenly Lotuspaw recognized the voice but now was so far into a trance, "Take it and be the hero. Before it's too late!"

Suddenly cats began to crowd Lotuspaw, coughing up blood and mucus, begging for her help and tender care.

"TAKE IT LOTUSPAW!"

And so she did, she grabbed the flower out from the ground and ran into the woods, running. And running.

And then she woke up.