SIX

"Ravenstar, what are we to do?!" A warrior yowled from the clearing.

The leader snarled, "Patience, Vineclan!"

Ivorywhisker nuzzled into the brawny tom, "My love, our priest is dead and the trainee has run," But that was not all, "This disease will kill us!"

In only the few nights Lotuspaw has run off, the old priest grew ill and was saved by Moonclan. Now, other clan-mates are getting sick are being separated. But, the cause of the disease is unknown and there is no cure.

Ravenstar raged now, roaring slurs and insults at Ivorywhisker for causing more stress. The delicate feline shrunk back, weeping before yowling with fiery. The clan could only watch as their leader collapsed, and Ivorywhisker stared in horror.

"Raven, Raven I'm sorry!"

The nurses rushed forward, explaining something must be wrong due to the leaders stress and depression, that he would need to recover. They recommended in the meantime the clans captain would watch over, and search for Lotuspaw or a replacement.

Ravenstar seemed to insist they find Lotuspaw though, so many patrols were sent to find her, the nurses joining to convince her once found.

But what if they never did? What if the lotus had fallen?