FOURTEEN

"Smog... I mean, Smogbreath," She felt her face go red with shame, only close cats call each other by their prefix, "I was wondering if... If you could teach me those signs the trio uses."

It looked over to Lotuspaw with a bit of shock but then smiled as if heart-warmed, "You may call me Smog... We may not be friends but perhaps family, wouldn't you say?" They then nodded, "Of course, its quite easy to learn."

Lotuspaw felt xer eyes light up, purring. Everyday was a mundane day now, but xe found xerself satisfied alongside Smogbreath. Smogbreath was much like a "cool" uncle to xer, perhaps even a mentor. The two shared such an intimate relationship because Lotuspaw had no one else xe trusted or even knew, in all honesty.

The rest of the day was spent learning the most basic of signs, which were mostly preformed by tail and paw movements alongside facial expressions. Other words or sentences that could not be signed would be drawn into the dirt or acted out to show a situation.

"Thank you, Smogbreath! Do you think I could go talk to them then?"

"Sure," Smogbreath smiled as it watched Lotuspaw bounce away.

They began to wonder if maybe Lotuspaw did want them to mentor her. Since they were so close, was all... Smogbreath didn't want to pressure Lotuspaw either.