INFO

The four clans this story contains are not the originals, and are fan-made. Some of the information about their habitats in this book may be slightly inaccurate however I did try.

LOCATION

They live in Africa after 7 of them were abandoned by tourists and as cats do, they began to breed until they formed clans of around 16 - 27 cats each. The locals have not attacked them unless the cats are found trespassing in their homes.

TERRITORY

Duneclan lives in Mauritania and their camp is near the Senegal River. Rushclan also live by the Senegal river however they reside in Senegal, so on the opposing side of Duneclan. Savannahclan lives farther into Mauritania by an oasis. Finally, vineclan who live nearby rushclan. They do not have a body of water, however rainfall and river floods provide them the moisture they need.

RANKS

Monarch; This cat is the leader of the clan. They will not only protect the clan but will also help make majority decisions, lead battles, and overall be an advocate or mascot for their clan.

Captain; The Captain is Second-in-Command, also heir to the "throne." They also help in decision making, are in charge of polls, may help lead battles, may spend time training with officers/soldiers who need help, send out tasks, etc.

Priest; The priest is a cat specialized in speaking with Sunclan and/or Moonclan or other spirits. They often are the only cat to receive prophecies, visions, omens, etc. They also have a broader knowledge in herbs and medicine.

Nurses; Nurses dwell mostly with mental health and minor wounds. However, they also many visit the spirits but will generally not receive much information or do not visit as much as a priest.

Officers; Officers are clan guards, they will often be positioned to guard a certain den, spot, or individual. They do not patrol or hunt, but do help plan battle and/or gather information.

Soldiers; Soldiers are the (majority) adults of the clan, and work to hunt and gather for the clan, as well as work as warriors. They also will mentor most trainees and help with simpler tasks if there is no trainees to do them.

Crafters; Crafters, albeit a simple role, is considered vital. Most cats who cannot work as a solider and refuse to be a nurse will reside here, so this is mainly filled by elders and disabled cats. These cats will help craft shelters/dens, weaves accessories and clothing, as well as create tools and decor for clan celebrations.

Trainee; A trainee is generally a 6 - 12 moon cat (exceptions can be made) training for one of the roles. They all share the same den, does not matter what rank they are studying, and will often be advised to spend time together when not studying.

Guardians; Guardians are parents who are nursing OR caring for kits. They will recieve this time off from beinf a soldier to focus on the kits. It is known where mothers/birthers were nurse kits, but once weaned they will have the other parent take over as guardian. SO YES, CISGENDER STRAIGHT TOMS CAN BE GUARDIANS.

Kits; Kits are the young of the clan, under 6 moons old unless being held back which is not often, and are not allowed out of the nursery til they are a moon old, and even then not let out of camp.

RELIGION

Moonclan and Sunclan are the ancestors of the 4 clans. They do not differ much, its more of a personal preference. Spirits can switch between both Moonclan and Sunclan freely.
Sunclan is worshipped by Duneclan and Savannahclan, while Rushclan and Vineclan worship Moonclan.

CODE
The clans do not have a distinct code, instead they follow a mostly carefree lifestyle. All clans depend greatly on loyalty, love, and intelligence however, and use those to guide their clan and decisions.

You are ALLOWED to use any of the above stuff including the habitat, ranks, and religious system with some credit. I don't care if you use it all, in fact. However, use your OWN characters and plot!