Chapter 231: Verdant Treasure Trove

Start from the beginning

Said Grey, ending his statement with a tilt of his head. Though it was just a simple and rough estimate, he wasn't wrong. Despite the diversity of animals remaining about the same, there really were more kinds of flora in Torogi.

Well, it wasn't only plant life. The lake from before was also quite amazing, able to contain even a coral reef and much more life than even the sea from Lista. It was also the reason why the inland villages weren't very affected by the appearance of the Leviathan.

Lastly, contrary to the diversity and quantity of plant and aquatic life, monsters could barely be seen. From yesterday since they arrived, Grey has yet to encounter one in the forest, not even a single slime or goblin.

The more Grey thought of it, the more mysterious and interesting the archipelago became. If there wasn't the threat of the Leviathan, he would have already gone ahead with Yuna and investigated by themselves. It truly is a shame.

"Hmm... The outside world, huh... I wonder what it looks like..." [Marika]

But just as Grey was interested in Torogi, Marika was also interested about the outside world she never knew of until yesterday. She was a naturally curious child, unable to help but daydream what it's like over the horizon.

"Then, should we take you outside sometime?" [Grey]

"R-Really?! Would that be okay?!" [Marika]

"Yeah. I don't see why not. It shouldn't be too much of a problem. As you as we get the Great Chief's permission, that is." [Grey]

"Th-There's no need to worry about that, Lord Grey. I'm sure Papー I mean, the Great Chief would approve of it. I'm sure of it!" [Marika]

Excited as a little child, Marika fidgeted as soon as she heard Grey's words. It was as if her previous exhaustion was but a passing lie, now able to talk so fast it was as if her mouth was a machine gun on rapid fire.

Well, it wasn't too bad of a sight to see. Compared to how stiff she was acting before, Marika acting like a child was much more preferable. She has loosened up quite considerably, now able to speak out her mind comfortably.

"Ah! But we'll have to defeat the Evil Beast first, alright? After that, we could take you on a tour around the nearest town, Lista." [Grey]

"Of course! I'm sure Lord Grey and Lady Yuna can defeat the Evil Beast!" [Marika]

Marika's voice brimmed with confidence as she declared such words. It didn't even cross her mind how destructive of a battle it would be if ever it really was a Leviathan. She was too excited to care, and that's all that mattered.

"What are you talking about?" [Yuna]

"Oh, Yuna, you're back. And... those are..." [Grey]

"Oh! I just found a couple fruits nearby. Do you want some?" [Yuna]

"Please, and thank you." [Grey]

Casual as one can be, Yuna invited herself to take a seat beside Marika, sitting on the ground. She then handed a couple fruits to Grey and Marika, from oranges, apples, soursop, berries, and many more.

Well, that's how it would seem. But in reality, Yuna didn't just pick a "couple" of fruits. Inside her storage ring was a mountain load. Grey knew because he was observing the whole time. Still, he decided to keep it to himself, not wanting to spoil Yuna's fun.

"Mmn~! So sweet!" [Yuna]

"Agreed! Apples really are the best!" [Marika]

Sweet and satisfied expressions were afloat the forest as the young ladies dug in on the fresh fruits Yuna had just picked. Seeing such faces, there was no need to waste more time. Grey also peeled the cottonfruit he got, feeding himself soon enough.