Chapter 229: Life in Torogi (pt. I)

Comenzar desde el principio

"Alright. I'll make sure to tell him just that." [Jiro]

Several meal boxes in their hands, Grey and Yuna finally waved their hands goodbye and headed off to the horizon, vanishing slowly but surely. Soon, not even a shadow of their figures could be seen.

Of course, like how they returned yesterday, Grey and Yuna once again headed into an alleyway, making sure not a single eye was on them. Grey then activated a Gate and, a couple steps later, they passed through it, blue light soon disappearing.

Chirp Chirp Chirp Rustle Rustle

The tranquil sound of the leaves rustling and the sweet songs of the birds, such a wonderful symphony was what greeted Grey and Yuna as soon as they exited into a forest. It was calm and quiet, a complete opposite to the lively port they were just in.

With the sky still amber, the forest was still a little dim, only bits and pieces of sunlight seeping through the gently swaying leaves. The winds were also cool and refreshing, the scent of flowers, herbs, and the earth wafting through the air.

"Mmn~! So fresh~!" [Yuna]

"Hahaha. You really like the forest, don't you?" [Grey]

"Hehe! It's full of fruits and herbs, after all! It's calming and beautiful! Plus, it reminds me of our old home! It's the best!" [Yuna]

Said Yuna, expressing her joy as she stretched her arms to greet the morning sun once more, Grey chuckling by her side. Seeing such a bright expression on her face, Grey felt like all his exhaustion and problems were seeping out of his body.

And as one would expect, Yuna's eyes quickly went swimming left and right, watching the flowers bloom, the blades of grass way, and the fruits hang about. She was herb watching, curious and excited as one can be.

Still, no matter how much she liked herbs, Yuna didn't mindlessly pick anything she took an interest in. It was a forest where people often forage food and get herbs after all, and they still haven't gotten permission. Seeing her hold herself back, Grey could only chuckle at her cuteness once again.

"Then, shall we head out now, Milady?" [Grey]

"Un! Let's go!" [Yuna]

Excitement dancing in the air, Yuna took Grey's hand and they headed out towards the village. The path was a little rough, but for them, it was a walk in the park, simply hopping and skipping as if they were playing games.

A couple minutes later and the village was in sight, even more beautiful than before. Though it was already wonderful before, seeing it just after sunrise was something else. It had an appeal which could just make one open their mouth in admiration.

Yet despite how early it was, the people were already busy. Be it tending to farms, herding the livestock, or going out to hunt and forage, the villagers were all up and ready. Even the children were already running about the place, playing games with one another, smiling ever so brightly.

"No, move it more to the left, and... Alright, that's perfect. Next is..." [Manelo]

But perhaps the busiest one would be the Great Chief. It was still early in the morning yet he was already coordinating the people, wooden chairs and tables to be seen all around the place. The preparations for the feast were on the way.

"Waah~! Everyone looks so busy..." [Yuna]

"That's only natural! This is the welcome feast for Lord Grey and Lady Yuna! It should be the best the world has ever seen! There's no compromise!" [Manelo]

"The best feast, huh... Hahaha. How exciting." [Grey]

"Of course! Please look forward to itー" [Manelo]