Chapter 225: A Hidden Paradise

Start from the beginning

It was just like Grey had expected. After all, it really was a strange islandー or rather, it was a strange archipelago. It may be small, but an archipelago is an archipelago nonetheless, one consisting of a couple sizable islands.

Strangely enough, the archipelago itself was coated in both barrier and illusion magic which prevents people seeing through the other side, all their eyes could perceive was a thick mist looming over the deep waters, currents preventing ships from getting in.

Not only that, it also wasn't located in any maps he saw nor had he heard people talk about it. It was like a hidden sanctuary isolated from the whole world. One veiled in such high level magic, even Sirius and Arcturus, who were specialized in illusion and barrier magic, respectively, could only barely sense it.

If it wasn't for Grey's eyes, they would have totally missed it. Whoever caused such magic on such a large area was surely an unparalleled genius. They may be a single individual or a group, but they are all very skilled nonetheless.

Tap Tap Tap

Sirius soon descended, landing gently on the solid ground. Grey and Yuna followed suit and also hopped down her back, standing on the ground once again after a few hours. It has only been a short time, but they missed it already.

"Thank you, Sirius. Can you head back to the others for us? Oh, and please tell Missus Vilma we'll be returning late." [Grey]

"Understood, Master." [Sirius]

Bursts of winds forth once more and a platinum figure soon streaked across the sky like a mystical shooting star. The clouds parted and the winds boomed. Only a couple moments later, Sirius could be seen no more.

The wind blew, only two figures remained by the island. They looked towards the island once again, only to be greeted by such a wonderful sight. Yuna's eyes were especially glued to the scenery, her heart pumping with excitement.

"Waah~! So beautiful!" [Yuna]

Truth. Such was the only thing in Yuna's few words. Though she had seen a lot of forests before, the one before her was undoubtedly the most unique one. It was very open, light seeping through the canopies, illuminating the different shades of green.

The diversity was no joke either. Even just in their vicinity, they could already see hundreds, if not thousands of plants. Many of which Grey and Yuna haven't seen before. It was a treasure trove of herbs and fruits. A green paradise.

"Grey, is this where we'll be having our adventure?!" [Yuna]

Of course, with herbs and plants involved, Yuna's alchemist blood pumped hot and quick, excitement beaming on her face. Her eyes were sparkling brightly, ready to collect everything she could get her hands on.

"That's right, but don't get overboard, okay? We don't want to clear out this whole forest just because of our excitement, now do we?" [Grey]

"Geez! Just what do you think of me? I'm not like that, you know?" [Yuna]

"You say that, but... I know those eyes of yours. The moment I take my eyes off you, I'm sure you'll disappear to collect some herbs before I know it." [Grey]

"Uuu... That's..." [Yuna]

Yuna couldn't refute Grey's words. After all, he was totally correct. Even now, Yuna is barely holding herself back from going wild and going on a collecting rampage. There were just too many herbs to see and pick.

Well, it's not like Grey couldn't understand her feelings. If they were on a mine with a ton of precious ores, he probably would have reacted the same. He was also quite passionate with his smithing, after all.