Chapter 224: Troubled Waters (pt. II)

Start from the beginning

'Dammit... I shouldn't have been too greedy.' [Captain]

He was already old, and though he knew his time would soon come, he didn't think it would be so soon. If there was one thing he regretted, it was that he didn't get to spend more time with his family, especially his grandchildren who were still young.

'God... I don't know if you're listening... But please hear me out...' [Captain]

He was a believer, but he wasn't one you would call a very religious person. But for the first time in his life, he kneeled on the deck, closed his eyes, and with his heart full of sincerity, he prayed to God, asking for his most sincere and final wish.

'I don't care about myself, but please save these young ones. They still have a bright future ahead of them, I don't want them to die because of an old man's mistake. I know this is selfish of me, but please... Just pleaseー' [Captain]

"Ahh!! What the hell is that!"

He hasn't even finished his prayer, but as if God really was listening, it was quickly answered. The moment he opened his eyes, a winged angel graced him with a wonderful sight, its radiance illuminating the seas and gracing his heart with peaceー or so how it should have been.

But what he saw was no angel. It was a large dragon, four wings extending out from its back and casting a large shadow on the water's surface. It was a ferocious beast which ruled above all, inducing respect the moment the people's eyes met them.

Yet even in such a situation, the Captain felt no fear. Only two emotions blossomed in his heart, one of them being astonishment, and the other was hope. Hope which never felt so warm and comfortable before,

《Barrier》 [Yuna]

A cold yet gentle voice rang in the air, and the moment it did, the ship's shaking stopped. It wasn't that the beasts stopped attacking, but rather, an even more powerful and impregnable barrier was erected.

《Icicle Shower!》 [Yuna]

It didn't just stop there. The cold voice rang once again, and soon, hundreds upon hundreds of glacial blue spears formed in the air, hovering menacingly, making one's body shiver without even touching it. Not a shiver from the cold, but one from fear.

The spears didn't just stay hovering. One after another, like a merciless barrage, the ice spears rained down upon the water, piercing everything in sight and freezing the waters at the same time. It wasn't long before the sea started turning red.

Yet even with how violent the deadly rain of icicles was, the ship remained unharmed. Some icicles spears fell down on the ship, but before it could even touch, they were all obliterated by an invisible force.

"Wh... What just happened..."

"Are we finally saved...?"

Everyone was in confusion with what suddenly happened. It was one event after another. One moment they were under attack and the next moment, someone saves them. They experienced a roller coaster of emotions like never before.

The rain of icicles soon stopped and with it, the sea finally returned to its calm state. Though the waves were reddish, it was unmistakably back to normal, only a couple hundred beasts remaining under the surface.

"Haap!" [Yuna]

The next scene was just as surprising as the ones before it. Before anyone noticed, a young girl with silver hair suddenly jumped out of the dragon in the air, heading straight towards the water without any traces of fear in her eyes.

She hit the waters, but there were no splashes to be heard. Though she did create some waves, they all froze into ice just as quickly, creating a beautiful masterpiece floating adrift the salty waters, like a little shop going against the waves.