Chapter 96: Illusion?

☠︎︎ Hunter's POV ☠︎︎

I groaned as I slowly opened my eyes, my entire body hurt. I blinked a few times to clear my eyes, I was laying on my bed.

I sat up quickly checking my surrounding. I was back in my room at my mansion.

"What the hell, I was at the asylum a moment ago how did I get here," I asked aloud. My head was pounding.

"Woah there honey careful" I heard Amanda say.

She was walking towards me with a tray of food in her hands. She had a bright smile on her face as she got closer. She still looked as beautiful as ever.

"Amanda how did I get here," I asked.

Her face scrunched up in confusion.

"You drove here, did you leave in the middle of the night to drink again," she asked.

"What, what are you talking about? I was just at the asylum a few moments ago. Is this some kind of illusion" I screamed.

"Hunter what in the world is wrong with you," she asked staring at me concerned.

She placed the tray on the bedside table.

Then sat on the bed. She held my hands.

"Honey I think you've been stressed lately. Right after the wedding, you were back at work without rest and I think it's taking-"

"What did you say? wedding?. When did we get married" I asked.

She laughed.

"You're joking, right? Go take a bath maybe that will sober you up" she ordered.

I reluctantly stood up, confused about the whole situation. Is this because of that machine they hooked me up to,is everything just an illusion but why did it feel so real?

I took a shower then changed my clothes, as I got back to the bedroom there was a huge wedding photo just above the bed.

"How is this supposed to break my mind, it's actually kind of nice," I thought aloud.

My vixen looked really beautiful in a wedding dress. I stared at the food she left in the room.

'This is an unfamiliar place, it's not a good idea to eat anything here'

I opened the door and then started walking around. The mansion was empty, there wasn't a house help around.

"Amanda" I called.

There wasn't a reply.

I started walking towards the back door when I heard a strange sound. At first, I thought I was wrong but I heard it again.

I started walking toward the sound and it lead me to the spare bedroom downstairs. I placed my ear to the door.

I could hear arguing.

"Get out, my husband is home why did you come here" I heard Amanda scream.

"You weren't answering my calls, I missed you" a man's voice replied.

My eyes widened.

'No way, it can't be'

"Zack get out, you know we can't keep doing this. I'm married and I don't want to ruin my marriage. He's your best friend" Amanda boomed.

"Well you didn't think about that when you were sleeping with me" Zack screamed back.

'What the hell'

'Its can't be true'

'This is just an illusion'

'non of this is true'