Chapter 58: 𝑬𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅

"So your boyfriend and his friend are an interesting bunch" Luke commented.

"When you told us they act differently, I had nothing like that in mind" Martin stated.

"I choked so many times I thought I'd die" luke stated.

"I'm sorry about that, those two are very embarrassing, they have no idea how to hold back in public" I apologized.

We were already back on campus.

"Yeah, that was kind of hectic" martin stated.

"Are you OK with your boyfriend doing that in front of you?" Talia asked.

"Huh"

"He kissed his best friend in front of you," Talia asked.

I thought about it for a while. I started laughing.

"It was a peck on the forehead. Zack just happens to be the only real friend he's had so he's just very close to him but it's nothing romantic" I defended.

"How sure are you though," Talia asked.

"We all heard it, I've spent some time with Zack and I've come to realize he's always carefree and says whatever comes to his mind regardless of what the other person will think of him but he never means anything bad" Mandie defended.

"Those two sure are weird" Martin commented.

"the first time I've ever met two friends that close. "Luke stated.

"it's not their fault they are that close, regardless of how you might think those two have been through hell and back together" I explained.

"I heard they met at a sleepover or something" Mandie commented.

I sighed.

"They both came from abusive families and it was pretty bad, it left permanent damage and because of that Hunter has trust issues. Zack's the only living person who Hunter trusts with his life and vice versa. They both don't want to lose that's why they are overprotective of each other and they spoil each other to make up for the things they couldn't have as children" I explained.

"No wonder he looked so uncomfortable seated there, Zack's seriously the only friend he has huh? Somehow after hearing they were abused makes it believable" Mandie commented.

"Yeah, it's hard to understand them but once you do, you get to understand a lot more" I stated.

"So you OK with how close they are," Talia asked.

"Of course and even if they make it unbearably uncomfortable. Honestly, when I'm over at Zack's place to visit Hunter I'm treated like a baby even by Zack. They both treat me like a fragile egg and always give in to my request " I stated with a laugh.

"You do seem close to Zack" Luke stated.

"It's not like I have a choice, who could ever say no to that smile I love him as much as I love all of you," I said with a grin.

"You know I'm thinking of hosting a party it's been a while, why don't you invite those two, that way the place will be lively thought out the night," Martin asked.

"Do you think Zack could give me pointers on how he scores with girls?" Luke asked.

"We should make these meetings more often, we should have breakfast, lunch, and dinner with them" Mandie suggested.

"Good idea-"

"No, it's not, I'm never eating out with those two ever again. They are the definition of embarrassing" I said making everyone laugh.