Chapter 222: Out in the Sea (pt. II)

Start from the beginning

It was only natural. After all, the giant squids Yuna was talking about was deep in the water. So deep, only those with eyes like theirs could see. Thankfully, Jack didn't question them any further, just dismissing the topic without much thought.

"Anyway, Captain, do you need something from us?" [Grey]

"Ah, no... I just thought you were having so much fun with the view. It was a little refreshing, actually." [Jack]

"Hahaha. It isn't everyday we see the sea, after all." [Grey]

"Hohoho. I know, I know, but... What do you say I give you a spot with an even better view? Hm? What do you say?" [Jack]

A sudden offer, but it wasn't one they could just simply dismiss. After all, their very purpose there was to have fun and view and appreciate the beauty of the sea. There was no way they'd decline such an offer.

Though Grey could pretty much view everything with his eyes, the same couldn't be said for Yuna. Since he planned the trip so that his beloved could have as much fun as she could, it was only natural that he looked forward to such a spot.

"Really?! There's a spot like that on the ship?!" [Yuna]

"Hohoho! Of course, we have! And a couple few at that! It's just that... It's a little bit on the challenging side, you see..." [Jack]

Jack uttered no more useless words. He simply ended his statement with a smile on his face and raised his index finger pointing up. As Grey and Yuna's eyes followed it, all they could see was the top sitting atop the mast. The highest point on the ship.

Sure enough, it would give them the best sight. The only problem was that there was only one way to climb up, and that was through the weaved ropes connecting the mast and the sails, something an amateur would easily fail at.

"Hey, Captain! Stop bullying the kids!"

"That's right! It would take a couple months of practice to get the hang of it!"

"Yeah! It's impossible for them!"

To Jack's words, the crew quickly expressed their worries and concern for Grey and Yuna. It was only natural. After all, with their inexperience and the ship rocked by the waves, it isn't hard to make a single mistake. A mistake which could lead to a lot of pain and trouble.

"Hah! Shut your traps! I could still remember you failing all those years ago! Stop acting like you're geniuses yourselves!" [Jack]

"""Ugh...."""

Well, it only took a few words from Jack and everyone's mouths were quickly shut close. Everyone remembered their first few tries at climbing up the ropes and all the failures they experienced. They were not pretty memories.

Though, such things don't matter to Grey and Yuna. They may be inexperienced in climbing ropes and such, but were talking about Grey and Yuna here. Challenges like such only serve to fuel their passion and excitement.

"Okay! We'll take you up on the challenge!" [Yuna]

"Oh! Now that's the spirit! Young ones should at least have this much guts!" [Jack]

Everything was quickly settled. With Grey and Yuna agreeing to Jack's little, silly challenge, everyone's eyes were quickly on them. Some looked at them with worry, some with curiosity, and some with doubt. It was an interesting combination.

"Then... I'll be going first!" [Yuna]

Quickly with her declaration, Yuna didn't waste any more time and hopped from rope to rope without using much force. She didn't even use her hands to help herself, only  smiling on her face ever so cheerfully. It didn't take long before she reached the top.

YLTESCIA: A Reincarnator's Tale in the Lands of Merusia (2)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara