Chapter 217: The Vast Blue Sea

Start from the beginning

"Oh? What might my adorable Yuna be thinking right now?" [Grey]

"Ah, Grey... It's nothing..." [Yuna]

"Nothing, you say... Are you sure it isn't the big blue sea out there? It looks so wonderful, doesn't it? I wonder how nice it is to swim there..." [Grey]

A teasing smile on his face, Grey asked Yuna as he patted her head. The latter, on the receiving side of Grey's teasing, only got her face flushed in silence. No matter how much she tried to hide it, it was obvious that she was raring to go.

"Mou... You're teasing me again..." [Yuna]

"Hahaha. Sorry, sorry, it's just so fun. I can't help but tease you when you're wearing such expressions on your face." [Grey]

"Mou.. It can't be helped... It's my first time, after all..." [Yuna]

"I know, I know, and that's why we're heading there right now." [Grey]

"Eh?" [Yuna]

Grey didn't explain himself any further. He simply lifted his hand from Yuna's head, turned around, and headed towards where the Marquess and Marchioness who were still instructing the servants, leaving the still puzzled Yuna by herself.

"Missus Vilma, Mister Abraham, I would like to go sightseeing outside of town with Yuna. Would that be alright?" [Grey]

"That's alright by us, but... Don't you want to rest first? It was quite a long journey, after all. Even just an hour would suffice." [Abraham]

"I appreciate the thought but as you can see, we're still fine and dandy. In fact, we could still run a couple dozen kilometers if we wanted. Hahaha." [Grey]

There was no point in arguing. Being High-Rankers themselves, a simple carriage ride is not one to tire them out. Both the Marquess and Marchioness understood Grey's point and all they could do was nod in silence.

Well, there isn't much for Grey and Yuna to do in the mansion anyway. It was better for them to wander around whilst they see if everything was alright. Worries were the furthest things from their minds. They were Grey and Yuna, after all.

"Then, we'll be going now." [Grey]

"Keep safe, you two. And don't wander too far." [Vilma]

"Your Highness, we'll send you a carriage by sunset. I hope you enjoy your time in the beach and sea." [Abraham]

"Yeah~." [Grey]

Casual like parents seeing off their child, Grey turned around once again, waving his hand carefreely as he returned to the still puzzled Yuna. The latter simply waited for him, eyes full of wonder and confusion as she looked Grey in the eyes.

"Then, shall we get going, Milady?" [Grey]

Yuna was speechless, unable to respond to Grey's words. She simply took the hand which was extended towards her, holding it tightly as their fingers interlocked with one another. It was warm and comforting, a wonderful sensation.

Their steps started echoing once more, two figures heading out of town with their hands side by side. And when Yuna finally regained her senses, she started asking Grey questions, but the latter simply smiled at her in response, making her even more curious with the passing of time.

Walking through the streets and passing through the gates, it didn't take too long before Grey and Yuna were out of town, a couple trees and bushes greeting them from time to time, sparse like the green meadows.

The salty sea breeze, the sound of waves, the foaming waters, and the radiant sun above. Each step they took, their feet sunk slightly in the sandy beach, the shifting sands rolling about as they were blown by the winds. As there was to see was blue and more blue, the sea and sky intercepting by the horizon.