Chapter 215: A Warm Welcome

Start from the beginning

Grey couldn't help but ask himself again if she really was the same Yuna who acts like a gentle mother towards the children. The gap between her childish and mature side was simply just that big. It truly was a mystery.

"Haha. Don't worry. It's nothing much." [Grey]

"Ehh~? But I'm curious... Can't you tell me? Pretty please~?" [Yuna]

"Well... Maybe later, but for now, I'll be keeping it to myself." [Grey]

"Boo! Boo! Grey's so mean! Right, Sirius?" [Yuna]

Yep, there was no denying it. She really is a little child now, puffing her cheeks ever so cutely to show her dissatisfaction and even asking for Sirius' opinion. Unluckily for her, such cute revolts didn't shake Grey's will. Rather, it only made her look cuter.

Yuna asking Grey relentlessly, the flight continued and more clouds were parted. The ground below continued to change and the whistling of the winds became music to their ears, accompanied by the chirping of the birds from time to time.

After several more minutes of flying, the city of Gilm was finally in view, standing out in the horizon over the viridescent meadow. It was even larger than Galderia, proudly showcasing its presence, walls standing majestically.

"Sirius, if you would please." [Grey]

"As you wish, Master." [Sirius]

Of course, they couldn't just show up to town whilst riding a dragon. Even if they already informed the estate of their visit, it would still cause quite a lot of panic if Sirius were to suddenly descend from the skies.

With her shapeshifting ability, Sirius quickly shrunk her platinum body, the two pairs of her wings turning into one and her horns disappearing. In just a couple seconds, the majestic High Dragon turned into an equally majestic white pegasus, her beauty still as radiant as the sun above.

Conveniently enough, even when Sirius had such a large shift in her form, Grey and Yuna's comfort wasn't compromised a single bit. It still felt like they were riding on clouds, Sirius' silky mane fluttering in the air.

The closer they closed in on the city, the clearer the views became. And just when they were close enough to the city, they could see a number of knights waving their hands towards the two from the gates, clearly wanting to welcome them.

Clop Clop Clop Clop

Sirius soon descended, her footsteps echoing as her hooves hit the solid ground. All eyes were on her as she folded her wings, letting Grey and Yuna come down one after another. It isn't everyday you see a pegasus, after all.

『Thank you for your hard work, Sirius.』 [Grey]

『Thank you very much, Sirius! It was a fun ride!』 [Yuna]

『Fufufu! It was my pleasure, Master, Mistress.』 [Sirius]

Gentle lights gathered around Sirius' white figure and as if she was all but an illusion, she disappeared the very next moment, leaving only orbs of golden light behind. It was a magnificent and mystical spectacle.

Soon after Sirius came back to Grey and Yuna's shadows, the knights, who were ones waving to them, approached them slowly, their heavy steps echoing as their heavy boots clacked. Of course, what happened next was already expected...

"Greetings, Your Highnesses. We have been waiting for your arrival. It is our greatest pleasure to welcome you to the Beldon Marquisate." [Leader]

It was a stiflingly formal greeting. After the leader of the knights bowed his head, the other knights followed suit and also bowed with respect. Though Grey and Yuna had gotten used to it, they can't say it was comfortable.