47. Interruption

~Madilyn's pov~✿in Zack's body✿

A series of loud moans were heard from the next room, The walls were pretty thin and not sound proof making it painfully obvious what the people in the next room were doing.

(A/N: 👀 don't act like you don't know 😭😭)

The girl keeps shouting 'Oh Josh...'  and you don't even want to know the rest.

Zack and I look at each other and start laughing softly while he makes smooching faces and mocks the couple.

"Oh Josh...that's it"Zack says in a whispered high pitch voice making me chuckle. 'If it weren't for the alcohol in my system I'd probably feel awkward in this situation but I find it weirdly funny'

I walk over to the balcony and Zack follows,we both take a seat on the ground next to each other, just enjoying the way the wind blows and the sound of soft music playing from below.I lay my head on Zack's shoulder and just relax. 'I honestly don't know where I got this confidence from but I like it'.

"Hey Lyn?" Zack says and I hum in response.

"I'm sorry for the way I treated you" he says randomly but genuinely making me look down at him in shock.

"I- I'm not good at apologies and I know it's going to take more that to get you to forgive me and if you don't I totally get it, I wouldn't forgive me either... but I want you to know that I really am sorry for the way I treated you" he says looking me straight in the eyes, making my heart beat faster.
' I don't know what to say...I'm feeling so many emotions right now...I guess you could say I'm overwhelmed'

"Why did you treat me like that?" I manage to speak out, he sighs sadly and looks away from me.

"I guess you could say I was...jealous and a serious douchebag" he says looking away embarrassed making me confused.
'Him?... jealous of...me?'.

"Why would you be jealous of me?" I ask

"Oh come on... what's not to be jealous about when it comes to you?... you're smart and have great friends...you have a great family, you have a... father that cares about you." he says looking down making my heart clench in pain for him. I grab his hand and give it a little reassuring squeeze.

"I was envious because you seemed like you had everything...I guess I was angry because my life is shit so I guess I used being popular as an advantage to make myself feel better by bullying you and that was shit thing to do...I guess over time it just became a habit for more popularity but nothing that I say is an excuse for the the way I treated you...I don't know how to put everything I want to say into words but I'm sorry, so if you hate me it's okay" he says seriously.

"I-...I don't hate you" I say truthfully...He was an asshole before we swapped bodies but hate is a strong word...if I didn't learn so much about him in this time that we've swapped bodies I would have thought that he's just some selfish piece of shit but now that I think about it he was just hurt and it turned turned into anger.

"Well you should... Tiffany and the team make your life hard as it is...and me being an asshole to you didn't make it any easier...I was a real dick" he says with a humourless chuckle.

"Yeah you were...but we're  human and we make mistakes and as much as I'd like to kick your ass and get revenge on you, I chose to forgive you" I say  genuinely feeling at ease or it could just still be the alcohol.

"You're to good to me cupcake" he says bumping my shoulder with his making me blush.
'I don't know why but everytime he uses that pet name on me I can't stop my blush from creeping out.'

"Shut up" I mumble out of embarrassment.

"Seriously...I think you are amazing" he says genuinely holding eye contact with me slowly leaning in making the atmosphere around us change.

"You're not so bad yourself" I gulp and whisper out as our face's are about an inch apart.

knock knock

someone interrupts us by knocking on the door making us jolt and move apart.
I blink a few times like I was in some sort of daze before we make eye contact and he seems to have been in a daze too...we stare at each other in silence for a few seconds more trying to comprehend what just happened but  it gets a bit awkward so I get up and rush to get the door to ease some tension between us.

"Oh Zack...I was looking for you... I'm leaving now so...You coming?" Max says when I open the door.

"Yeah " I say glancing back at Zack.

"Oh was I interrupting something?" Max asks following my gaze.

"No" I say a little bit to quickly making Max eye me suspiciously.

"I'll meet you at the car" I say to Max and he nods and leaves.

"So I uh...gotta go" I say awkwardly pointing to the door with both my thumbs.

"Yeah of course...Uhm...bye" he says Awkwardly clearing his throat.
_

As I sat in the in Max's car on my way home my mind was in a constant train of thoughts.

'Was he going to kiss me?'

'Would I have let him if Max hadn't interrupted?'

'maybe it's for the best that Max did interrupt...it would have been kinda weird to technically kiss myself.'

'but the fact that it's still Zack in my body...has my heart racing when I think about what could have happened if Max hadn't of knocked on the door '.

Though my thoughts were in a tornado nothing could match up to the weird feeling i had in my chest that I couldn't quite put a finger on.

I wave Max goodbye and head straight for my bed once I was dropped off.

I still can't stop thinking about tonights events and the weird feeling that hasn't passed but I figured that if I was going to get any sleep tonight I might aswell just shrug everything off and blame it on the alcohol...who knows I might still be intoxicated?... Zack might have still been intoxicated.

I was shocked when he apologized...I honestly never expected that...not that I haven't heard him apologize before...it's just that this time he seemed more genuine.

I went to bed feeling content...

________________________________________
Hey everyone 👀✋
I don't really like how I wrote this chapter 😭
it's horrible...but oh well ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
Thanks for reading.

Thank you to the few of you that vote and I would like to say thank youuuuuuu....you are amazing and very supportive 😌♥️

please feel free
vote & comment
♥️♥️♥️~Lee