14. Tea parties

Madilyn pov~

"Dad can I please say home I don't feel well today" I ask my dad,it's Monday today. Truth be told I feel perfectly fine, I just don't want to go to school today because I know Zack is going to be there  'well duh! He has to come for football practice.'
My plan is to avoid him at all costs, if he even has a friction of a brain, he'd have figured I'm sure as hell not doing him any favours by tutoring him anymore, his scholarship can fly to hell for all I care.
Obviously I can't go with 'plan avoid Zack'  forever, but taking today off will give me a head start.

"What's wrong kiddo?, Do you have the flu"he ask, feeling my forehead for any fever, I nod and fake cough just to prove my point.

"Well I'll ask your mother what to do"he says, my eyes widen, my mum will know I'm lying 'she's not only the wife of a cop ,but she's a doctor too'.
'thats just fucking great' I think sarcastically.

"You know what dad, I'm feeling better already no need to tell mum nothing" I say straightening myself out and reassuring him with a pat on the shoulder.

"Really? You were coughing just now" he says with his arms crossed, looking at me like his caught on to my lie.

"Was I?, Yeah no I uh... choked...yes choked on air" I say thinking up a quick lie.

"Nice try kiddo, get your ass to school" he says giving me an evil smile, to which I give a slight glare and walk to leave

"Oh and Lyn, I choked on air?...that was so lame" he says chuckling and shaking his head, and finishing his cup of coffee.

______
After my poor attempt at convincing my dad to let me stay home, I got ready for school and am now sitting in the back seat of Blake's car while he and Karen flirt the whole way to school. 'geez get a room, or any other place that is atleast 50 miles away from me'.

Hey I don't mind if they being sweet and stuff but sitting in a car and hearing
' oh Blake did I ever tell you how much I love you-' OR
' I can't imagine life without you Karen'
It tends to get highly annoying, I mean no one's dying save your 'i love yous' and sweet talk for a time when you in a private place or for your wedding vows or something , coz if I have to hear the word 'love' one more time I'll fricking rip cupid to shreds for shooting those love arrows at people, coz now innocent people like me have to go through torture.

We pull into the school parking lot, I get out of the car with a relieved sigh, but the relief vanishes when I see Zack and Max pulling into the parking lot.
Now I'm no athlete, but you could practically see me bolt into the school.
'i  ran! into school, School!', Zack got me doing things I won't even do for money, but damn do I deserve a medal right now, actually fuck the medal I want food.

I meet with up with Lexi and Brad at my locker,we chat a little before the bell rings signalling that everyone should get to class.

I walked to class making sure to watch where I'm walking, wouldn't want to bump into anyone now would I.

________
I was sitting in my maths class and doing my notes, as Ryan leans over in his seat.
"Hey I heard what Zack did to you that day, his such a jerk" Ryan says refering to the cafe incident.
"Uh, yeah but it's ok, the past is in the past"I say. 'is that so?... then why are you avoiding Zack' my mind argues, and I gladly ignore it.

"I guess so...So uh I was wondering, you'know only if you want to, would you like to go-"he says looking nervous but gets interrupted by the bell ringing and before I could tell him to continue what he was saying Zack came in, stalking towards us.
'ugh! I can't help but wonder if he was about to ask me on a date' I blush at the thought
'but  now this fucker has to come and interrupt'
Just the person I was planning on avoiding.
'Why does he have to ruin my almost first time being asked by a dude on a date'

"Hey Lyn can I talk to you for a sec" he asks, what the hell makes him think I'll say yes...damn this dude has big dreams, I don't say anything and just give him a blank stare.

He looks at Ryan with a look that says ' what are you still doing here', then turns back to me.

"Okay look, I have to speak to you in private so if you'd please come by during or after practice I'd appreciate it" he says with a pleading tone then  gives Ryan a filthy look when he says ' private '.
I'm so confused right now, is Zack bipolar or something?, One minute his throwing water on me and humiliating me the next his busy pleading with me.
' psycho'
And also people like me and Zack don't usually talk or anything , people like him bully people like me, not invite them for a friendly chit chat and have a tea party

" Why " I ask cautiously.

" I'll tell you then, just come..... please" he says.

I just nod, because I'm curious to know what's so important that he has to speak to me in private, this could be another prank or trick of his but if it's got him sounding like his begging I'll go.

He sighs in relief and gives a quick smile before dashing out of the class.
I turn to see Ryan still standing there with a confused look, we are the only two in the class everyone already left for the next.

"That dudes on some strong drugs" Ryan says slinging his bag over his shoulder and walking out of the class with me, our last conversation long forgotten.

" You got that right" I say parting ways with him to get to my next class.

I carry on with my day, but the suspense from what Zack wants to talk to me about is Killing me.
I look at my phone to see the time until his practice starts, which is the 2 last periods before school ends.

'Oh great... only 4 hours more' i think sarcastically.
'ill be all bones no skin by that time, I'm telling you the suspense is Killing'
Well let's feed it,I pull out a sweet From my bag and shove it in my mouth before heading to my next class.
'food fixes everything'

________________________________________
Yeah, yeah I know, this chapter was boring but it gets better.... hopefully.
Thank for reading people, your'll are stars✨
I feel like this book phase is going slow but the swap and juicy stuff will come soon and also I want atleast 20 chapters or more in it so I'm keeping it at this speed....

Feel free to vote and comment
Believe me I need it!, The demotivation is real🙈💔
❤️❤️❤️~Lee