41. Lost

~ Zack's pov~✿in Madilyn's body✿

I couldn't feel my legs, hands, arms...even my ass or should I say that I could feel it, well the pain in it anyways.

After yesterday's torture aka obstacle course plus activities I was absolutely dead I was so drunk on victory and exhaustion that I didn't even have the energy to confront Madilyn about anything.

Today they decided to make us go fishing at a dam, so here I am sitting in a boat with a fishing rod in my hands wishing I was anywhere else but here.

"You okay" Madilyn asks making me glare at her.

"I'm fine" I say in a harsh tone ' can you blame me?, I've been trying to get answers from her for so long and she had the audacity to avoid me'.

I would ask her right now but Ryan was sitting way to close for my liking that I'd rather die than have him overhear my business. ' He could literally sit on Mars and it would still be to close for my liking'.

"What's with the attitude" she says acting like she doesn't know, 'And I thought I was the one failing in school.'

I'm not in the mood to answer so I just shake my head ignoring her question while going back to staring at the water.

°•Flash back•°
"Daddy look I caught one" 7 year old Zack says pulling on the fishing rod.

"That's my boy, you caught your first fish" his dad said proudly rustling his hair while the boy beams at his dad smiling brightly.

"Can we take a picture?" Zack asks

"We sure can kiddo" his dad says pulling out his Polaroid to take a picture of them while Zack holds the huge fish in his little hands with a adorable smile on his face.

"I like it here" he tells his dad looking at how peacefully the water flows.

"Well if you like it here so much we can go fishing all the time" the older man said making the small boy overjoyed because he had enjoyed his day fishing with his father and now had other days like this to look forward to.

°•End of flashback•°

I don't know how long I was in a trace for just staring at the water which brought back a memory when my dad took me fishing for the very first time and I caught my first ever fish.I remember that day clearly despite me only being seven years old at the time and I still have that picture we took on that day, I have thought about burning it alot of times after he left but I just couldn't bring myself to actually do it.

I remember that to be my last day I ever went fishing because dad was always busy even if he basically promised we'll do it again all the time. I eventually gave up hope that we'll ever go again and it was confirmed when he left us.I never touched a rod ever since but I still went back to the dam we used to fish at because it has the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen and the atmosphere is so peaceful it never failed to help me clear my mind. 'The last time I've went there was like 3 years ago'

"Hey Lyn I think you got something!" Ryan says nudging me out of my thoughts, I blink a couple of times to come back to reality and indeed see the line moving and feel something tugging on it.I pull it and eventually see the fish hanging at the end of the hook.

(A/N, I've never really fished before so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I have no idea how things are done so don't judge my lack of knowledge on this topic)

"That's so cool, wanna take a picture for memories" Lyn says pulling out her phone but I'm already throwing the fish back into the water before she can even blink.