Chapter 24 "Errands, or dates?"

"If I may ask, where are we going?" Felix walks side by side with Marinette as he opens the umbrella. The cold rain hitting the umbrella above them was a rather relaxing sound. It was nice.

"Well, first I have to deliver somethings for the bakery, and then give the next album cover to Jagged Stone, then babysit Manon..." She says. 

"Agh, are you sure you're up for all that?" She asks, looking at Felix.

"I wouldn't have canceled my ride if I wasn't" Felix reassures her.

They arrive at the bakery, not very long after leaving school, since Marinette lives right across from there. As they enter, Felix is enchanted by the lovely shop. It's welcoming aura, and it's wonderful smell. 

"Oh, thank goodness! You're not wet!" Sabine welcomes her daughter with a hug, then she sees who's behind her. "O-oh? Is this.. Adrien?" She asks, very confused. 

"Oh, no mama, this is Felix.. Adrien's cousin! He's gonna be helping me with errands." She explains. Felix gives a smile, however there is a small hint of sadness. "Hello Mrs. Dupain, it's a pleasure to meet you." He greets. 

"Aw, what a lovely young man!" She exclaims, as Marinette goes in the back. "You're so polite. Come, come sit. We'll give you something to eat. Thank you for helping Marinette by the way!" She goes behind the counter to get a croissant. 

Sabine was rather happy. Her daughter was coming home with a charming young man, polite too. He was handsome, and it seems Marinette was not a complete mess around him. 

"Oh, its my pleasure and thank you." He says as he sits. He admires the place as he waits, noting the beautiful view. "You have a lovely bakery ma'am."

"Well, thank you!" A man responds. Confused by the different voice, he turns to look back at the counter. There was Tom, Marinette's father.

 "I'm Tom, Marinette's father!" Tom approaches Felix sounding a bit too excited. Like his wife, he hopes theres something more than friendship blooming between him and Marinette.

"Ah." He gets up to shake hands with Tom. "Hello sir, I'm felix. Your daughter's friend." He says, holding out his hand. Tom takes it, and shakes it a bit to quickly. "Pleasure to meet you, son." he says as he sits and gives Felix the croissant. 

After a small conversation with Felix, Tom returns to the counter to talk with Sabine, while Felix eats his croissant. 

Marinette returns from the back, with a stack of boxes that look like a bit too much for her to carry. Quickly, Felix get's up and without asking grabs some boxes from her hands. "Oh! Thanks." She laughs a bit. 

"We're leaving mom!" She warns before exiting. 

The pair walk to the first location for the bakery's deliveries; Kagame's. "Ok, I know I said thanks before but thank you again." Mairnette says.

"Goodness, people call me a stickler for manners however you've thanked me three times already. You seem to take after your parents, they thanked me as well." 

"Yeah well, people do say 'you're definitely your parents' daughter'."

"You know, your family is quite interesting."

"Oh? How so?" Marintte's eyebrows furrow.

"You take after your parents' kind personalities, but you failed to inherit your father's height.." Felix smiles with his teasing.

Marinette scoffs. "Wowww."

 She then proceeds to kick lightly, as they turn the corner and arrive at their destination.

"Oh, we're here." She says walking up to the door. Felix rings the doorbell, and they wait for an answer.

The door opens to reveal Kagame in her usual attire. "Hey Kagame! Here's your mom's order!" Marinette hands her the box of pastries, mostly fruit filled ones. "Thank you, Marinette," Her eyes fall on Felix, and she points to him with a confused look on her face. 

"Oh, this is Felix! He's my friend, he offered to help me run some errands."

"Right... Ah, allow me to get the payment. Felix,was it? Why don't you come and get it." Kagame says, her voice monotone as always, and her stare piercing through Felix. She yanks him in and closes the door leaving Marinette outside. 

"Listen boy, I don't know what strange intentions you had when you offered to help Marinette, but I know they aren't good since you look exactly like Adrien. You had better not try anything or I'll have to pick between using karate or a katana on you." She looks at him, expression intense. 

Felix however was not feeling threatened, he knew her sincerity but he had no 'strange intentions' with Marinette. "I'm not half-witted like my cousin, to do something to hurt her." He responds, his green eyes just as intense as her blue ones. 

"Good." She says handing him money. "Keep the change." She says as she shoves him out the door. Though Kagame gave the impression of disapproval, a part of her was happy for her friend.

"She's an interesting character." Felix states as he fixes his hair which was ruined by Kagame.

Marinette laughs a bit. "Yeah, that's what I love about her!" She tells Felix, who seems to be struggling with his hair.

After delivering the rest of the pastries, the two made their way to Jagged Stone.

"I'm fairly certain that was him.." 

"No, I don't think it was.."

The two bicker while entering the company about an earlier customer. Felix was still struggling with his hair, but by this time he had given up. He felt slightly embarrassed to walk into a company with odd looking hair, and Marinette took notice of it. "Do you.. need help?" She offers with a kind smile. "I can't do it the way you normally do but I can style it in a different way." 

"Yes please." Felix says his face lightly brushed with red out of embarrassment that he had to have help with his hair.

"Ok." Marinette laughs. She grabs him by the arm, and drags him into a seat in the lobby. She puts his hair up, carefully brushing it back.

(reference photo bc idk how to describe it.)

"There!" Marinette says after a few minutes; she pulls out her phone for Felix to use as a mirror

"There!" Marinette says after a few minutes; she pulls out her phone for Felix to use as a mirror. "You look incredible... ER! Not like liek that you know but umm like as a complement.. you know?" She says forcing herself to smile.

Felix laughs, genuine and contagious, causing Marinette to lose her nerves and smile. "Well, we mustn't keep Jagged Stone waiting." He says, motioning for Marinette to go first.

After taking the elevator up what seemed to have been 100 floors, they arrived at his office/second home. Marinette knocks on the door, album cover in hand. Jagged's secretary opens the door. "Oh! Marinette!" She says as she hugs her in greeting. 

"You brought your boyfriend? Aww, you two are adorable! Felix! You've grown so much!" She says, ecstatic.