Chapter Ten: Nandini

The next morning I woke up around 7, manik wasn't in the room which meant he was probably downstairs. With manik it's not so bad as I imagined it to be, but sometimes I wonder if he's just nice to get hands on my past because I've been running away from telling him.

I go for a shower, getting ready for yet another unproductive day. It's been like this since I graduated from high school, I did want to study further but uncle never allowed me to.

I go downstairs and no one was around, I still had time till all the rest gathered around for breakfast. I remember manik getting some things from the store yesterday, I think that should be enough for me to make breakfast for everyone.

I make my way to the kitchen taking eggs out of the fridge, i should make scrambled eggs since you can never go wrong with that.

It was around 8 and I soon finish with the scrambled  eggs putting them out in 5 seperate plates.

Cabir walked in as I was setting out the plates, he glanced at me once and then made his way grab something out of the drawer.

"I-I cooked for us" I clear my throat.

He looks up at me and then the plates set out "for you and manik?" He asks.

"No, for all of us" I tell him, shifting nervously. He didn't look at the 5 plates which is why he didn't know.

He moved closer despite my rising tension, but again I remembered Manik's words and how I don't have anything to fear about.

"No running or flinching today?" He raises his eyebrows.

"I never ran away from you" I press my lips together. "You just scare me" I admit.

"Good, I like when people are scared of me" he cockily says and grabs the plate set out on the table.

I didn't know what to say to that, Cabir liked having that image where he scares people off.

Manik, Dhruv and Aarav come downstairs as well, manik was showered and well dressed in his suit ready to go to his office I assume. As he walked towards Cabir I gave him a small smile, he looked like he was sleepy perhaps?

"Your wife cooked for us" Cabir points out, manik looked down at the plates and just grabbed one without saying anything.

"Woah a home cooked meal? Feels like I'm in the wrong house" Dhruv laughs

"I just thought it would be nice to have a home cooked meal" I tell him, he looked like he was happy having something home cooked and me on the other hand I didn't mind cooking since I had nothing else to do anyways.

We all make our way to the main area on the couch where they all usually eat. "These scrambled eggs are really nice" aarav compliments, I give him a smile.

"Manik did you review the contract?" Cabir asks him.

He looks up from his plate to Cabir who was sitting next to him "yeah did it yesterday night, I already sent the contract through"

I assume they were talking about the contract which was for my uncles family, the contract manik said he needed to change before sending it. I wonder what changes he made.

"Manik I can literally smell alcohol from you, it's 8 fucking am?" Cabir stops eating and looks at manik in all seriousness. He drank again in the morning? I look up at manik too who seemed annoyed with that question.

"I know it's 8am, and so what? Can I not drink in my own house" he shakes his head with annoyance.

"You can but manik it's like you drink everyday" Dhruv adds in.