Chapter Twenty Three: Manik

After a few minutes of chaos, it all finally calmed down. Cabir had agreed to deal with all this calmly because of nandini, I was so fucking proud of her for coming off as so strong and that too in front of Cabir, even though he is my brother I can guarantee he has the worst temper and while I would say it was a brave move from Nandini but if Cabir didnt grow to like her, he could've done anything to her from stopping his way.

Aarav was soon put to sleep as well, he needed to clear himself from the drug effects first. The moment I had grabbed him by the collar I knew he had taken drugs, his eyes said it all and yes I was angry at him for pushing Nandini like that. I had made it clear that no one hurts her no matter what, aarav was under the influence of drugs but he still needed to get his act together.

I came to our room with the first aid box, Nandini's arm had a huge cut she didn't say anything but I know it caused her alot of pain as it hit the edge of the glass table with so much force. I saw her sitting on the bed, trying to clean up the wound by herself.

"Let me help you" I say as I sit opposite her on the bed, she looked up at me.

"No"

"Excuse me? What do you mean no?" I furrow my eyebrows at her response.

"I mean no" she tries to look angry but honestly she just looks cute.

I couldn't help but smile "Baby you can be mad at me later—let me see your hand it's bleeding"

She rolls her eyes and then gives me her arm, I take out the disinfectant putting some on the cotton ball.

"So why are you angry?" I ask

"You were going to punch aarav, if Cabir and Ahaan didn't stop you then you would've" she tells me.

"Because he hurt you, I don't care who it is—no one hurts you" I tell her

"I'm fine manik, it hurts me more seeing you and your brothers argue with each other so please don't be mad at aarav. we both know he would never purposely hurt me" she says

I take a deep breath, I know she was really worried about him ever since she came here the most she has bonded with except me is aarav "im not. Im not anymore and part of my anger was because he took drugs"

"I'm really worried for him manik, he doesn't know how to cope with situation. He thought drugs was the best option" she looks at me with a worried look.

I softly dab the cotton ball on her wounds as she winces in pain trying to move her arm away "ah-ouch"

"it'll sting a little" I hold her arm as she tried to jerk it away, the disinfectant does sting like shit. "And I know, I'm worried as fuck too. I've never seen him like this, but I know Cabir and I will sort it out."

"I know you guys will sort it out" she gives me a warm smile.

I put bandage around her arms slowly making sure I don't apply too much pressure on her wounds.

"If you want I can give you painkillers to ease the pain?" I ask her

"It should be fine, thank you for helping me" she says

"So you aren't angry at me anymore?" I tease her and I finish treating her wound.

She tries to hide her smile "I still am"

"Really? Your smile tells me otherwise"

"God, nyra was right I can't be angry with anyone for more than 2 minutes even if I tried" she says shaking her head "maybe I can give you tips"

"Tips on how to not stay angry at someone for more than 2 minutes?" I raise my eyebrows

"Yes, although it'll be like hard for you infect very very hard but it's okay I'll help you get there" she presses lips together trying not to laugh, I know she was teasing me.