Chapter Thirty Four: Nandini/Manik

"In our room I just made up the whole ice cream date thing on the beach I've never done that before but I want to do it with you. Let's go now, plus I don't have work tomorrow, we will be back in an hour" he insists, he was so happy I didn't want to say no and truthfully I wasn't even going to say no.

"Okay, lets quickly change" I tell him, I was wearing my night clothes.

Me and manik change, I just wear a t-shirt and jeans and a jacket wrapping a scarf around me as it was a little cold outside, plus the beach will be cold.

"Ready?" Manik comes out wearing a sweatshirt and sweatpants

"Yes" I nod as we head downstairs and outside the house to where Manik's car was parked, a few security guards approached us as they saw us.

"Any problem sir?" They asked manik

"No we were just headed out for some personal reasons" he tells them, not giving information that we were going on a ice cream date.

"Do you want us to come along for safety?" one of the guards shows concern

"No I got it" manik replies

"Sorry sir but it's dangerous that you both go without security. We suggest you to take at least 3 of us" one of them suggests.

"No it's okay, I'm here so I have it handled but thanks anyway if everything is looking alright here you guys can take the night off" manik tells them. This house was protected in every way possible, even if the guards weren't around for a day or so no one could get in, I mean after all they run a security company they know how to handle threats and dangers. There's cameras everywhere, and if anyone even tries to enter without permission the lights go off and the security is immediately informed and not to mention the tasers they have at the entrance and in the backyard that is hidden. It's quite literally impossible, and all of this was done for aarav after the incident with their mother. They ensured that nothing harms him.

"Okay" they leave but they didn't seem convinced.

Manik drives off.

"Where are we going first? Beach or to buy ice cream?" I ask him.

"There's a ice cream shop right next to the beach and it's open till late night, so we are just headed there" he tells me.

"Of course you know" i look at him raising my eyebrows.

Manik laughs as he knows I was implying the ice cream and beach conversation from before. "Yeah had to do my research well since I'm taking you, I don't want you thinking I'm not well prepared"

"You are the most organised person I know" I say and I mean it. "Anyways what ice cream flavour do you like?"

"Actually I don't even like ice cream, I've only tried the vanilla flavour once other than that I don't eat it at all" manik tells me, which shocked me but he literally wanted to grab ice cream with me I don't get it?

"But I thought that's why you wanted to have ice cream with me?"

"No I just needed a reason to take you out to the beach right now and sit there for a while with you" he tells me.

"Well I'm making you try my favourite flavours today" I tell him, I had so many that I liked—cookies and cream, chocolate chip, butterscotch and tiramsu which I don't know if I'll find there.