Chapter Eleven: Nandini

We walked back inside after both my uncle left, but my anxiety was still present in me and I couldn't help but do anything about it.

"Manik tumne esa Kyu kiya! Did you see how angry Ajit uncle—"

"Nandini. Breathe." He looks at me, I'm sure he noticed my panic and my irregular breathing and how I was talking to him so fast and stressed.

"No I can't! Now I don't know what will happen he will probably take this out on nyra and she will have to suffer for it, you should've asked me first—"

"Nandini for fuck sakes. Just stop for a minute and breathe—you are finding it hard to breathe" he cuts me off again, I was still panicking but my thoughts kept going back to nyra. I couldn't let anything happen to her I've protected her my whole life.

He puts his arm out but I move back flinching again, he stops his hand looking at my reaction. "Let me help you" he says.

I nod as my breathing gets heavier, he grabs my hand wrapping his fingers around my wrist, he had a habit of doing that and I don't know why. He places my hand on top of his and then uses his another hand to rub my hands.

"Just focus on your breathing Nandini, everything is fine" he looks at me in the eye. I take a deep breath and using one of the techniques I know that helps me calm down. I close my eyes as the only thing I could feel was Manik's hands on mine which somehow helped me calm my breathing, him being close to me made me feel safe and that was the truth no matter how much I didn't want to except it.

As I had my eyes closed nyra's face appeared and she looked miserable "nyra!" I shot my eyes open all of the sudden.

"She's safe Nandini." Manik was standing tall in front of me.

"No she's not! You don't get it manik, you've invited trouble for her and me. We don't want my mothers property I don't mind, as long as it keeps nyra safe I don't want it trust me" I tell him.

"But it belongs to you guys not your uncle, there's a reason why she named it to you guys" he was still holding my hand. My breathing was somewhat back to normal now.

"I don't want it if it means that I'm putting nyra in possible danger"

"What danger? They are all your family right?"

"Yes but my uncle had bad temper, you haven't lived with him like I have. Nyra is naive she's young and—"

"Nyra will remain safe trust me, they won't be able to do anything to her" he tells me confidently and something tells me I should trust him.

"How are you so sure?" I can't help but ask

"Because if you didn't realise, your uncle gets security from my company which means they will protect your uncles family but im still their boss. I've given them direct orders to watch nyra, to protect her more than anyone. And if they see anything happening to her even the slightest, they will inform me" he informs me, I look at him in loss of words. That means despite all of this nyra will stay safe, I felt a relief in me.

"So she'll be safe? And your men will look after her?"I ask him again just to confirm

"Yes she'll be safe" he tells me again without any hesitation in his voice or expression whatsoever which makes me trust him.

"Thank you" I take a deep breath "but how did you know about my mothers land and her house?"

He gives me a small smile and lets go off my hand, I didn't even realise we were holding hands for so long "let's just say I did a background check on you"

"You what—You did a background check on me? That's a violation of privacy, Is that even allowed?" I raise my eyebrows, i wonder if he found out what happened to me but that can't be possible because it didn't go out.