Chapter Thirteen: Nandini

The darkness filled up the whole room making me barely seeing things around.

I was getting scared in the dark and I walked around slowly trying to find a way to get some light so I can see.

As I was trying to find light I felt a pair of arms grip me from my waist. My breathing stopped, those arms were masculine and I knew it wasn't nyra or anyone.

"W-who's that?" I speak as I quickly slide my self away.

But the arms grab me again and they were stronger holding me tightly, I could smell the alcohol and smoke from whoever that man was, my eyes closed tightly as I used all my strength to get out of that grip. My stomach welled up sickness inside, this felt wrong and I gathered all my survival instinct to get out of this. My throat felt a huge lump inside it.

That person was gripping me so close I felt his breath on my cheeks, it was like I was going to vomit.

"Please don't touch me" the words leave my mouth as I try to push them away. Their hand slid up my t-shirt touching my bare waist.

I felt my back hit the bed strongly as the alcohol and smoke smell got stronger and the grip tightened.

"No! Stop it!"

At a distance I heard a familiar voice, which shot my eyes open.

"Nandini?"

My eyes looked around the room and light filled again around it. It was manik, he came rushing to me hearing my voice.

It was a nightmare. I took a deep breath as my hand goes over my chest feeling the sweat.

He came near me as he stood up in front of me with a concerned look which seemed impossible in this case. I look and realise I was on Manik's bed, how the hell did I get here.

"You okay?" He asks me

I try to brush away the negativity of that nightmare and look up at him "y-yeah"

"Was it a nightmare? You were screaming in your sleep telling someone to stop" he asks me

I shift in my position getting uncomfortable "I-I don't remember" I lie to him but I clearly and vividly remember the dream, and it wasn't just a dream. "What happened, why am I lying on your bed?" I try to get up but I felt weak.

I had a fear in my voice and I'm sure he noticed it as well.

"You fainted, so I carried you on to the bed" manik says it casually. "The doctor said your body has fallen weak, maybe because of the blood loss and he gave you an immunity injection you'll be fine"

"Oh" I look away trying to remember the exact events.

My eyes lift up the blanket as it falls on something unusual which made me shocked, I looked around the room blinking my eyes.

"Oh my god" I say and I look at manik "what is all that" I say pointing around the room

Manik had a small smile on his face "for you"

"Huh"I tried to stand up from the bed but I felt dizzy and neither of that stopped me though. I looked around the room and it was filled with lamps, the same lamp that my mother gave me but there multiple of them infect so many I didn't even know how and why there's so many here. The whole roomed filled with those little globe lamps.

"Am I opening a lamp shop or something?" I look at him with a questioning look.

"No. these are for you, only you" he tells me with all seriousness.

I stopped for a moment just looking at him seeing if his expression would change but no it didn't. He was very much serious about this.

"Why have you got so many? How many even are there?" I ask him.