Chapter Twenty Eight: Nandini/Manik

Nandini

Manik came home early that day, and as much as him I was excited for our hiking trip tomorrow. A whole day with manik? It's going to be the best.

But focusing back on today, Cabir caught us thanks to that waiter who bailed on us, I mean it wasn't really his fault I did say to Dhruv this was a bad idea. Cabir hasn't came home yet which was a good sign.

I was in the kitchen putting away some stuff me and Dhruv brought when we went to spy on cabirs date. I felt a strong pair of arms wrap around my stomach pulling me back, I didn't even need to turn around to know it was manik I mean of course who else would it be. By now I was used to Manik's closeness, I didn't flinch at all by his sudden touches.

"Hi baby, Cabir will be home any minute now" he says.

I groan "stop reminding me manik" I put my hand over his as he snuggles in closer to my neck and rests his head on my shoulder.

He chuckles "I think it's really brave what you guys did today"

"No it wasn't. Cabir will kill us. You know what it was nice knowing you" I say

"Stop hanging out with Dhruv so much, you're starting to become dramatic like him" manik lifts his head up.

I turn around putting my hands on his chest, my heart flutters at the sight of him. I think it will never stop doing that, my heart will always have that tingly feeling when I look at him, or when he's around me, or when he touches me. I wish I could say it out loud with my heart how much he means to me.

"What are you thinking?" He snaps me out of my thoughts.

"N-nothing" I shake my head

"Don't lie to me" he pulls me closer, I was leaning on the kitchen bench as his weight was on me.

"I'm just worried that Cabir will be really angry at us" I lie to him, I hated lying to manik I hated it so much but I don't know if I could tell him my feelings yet? Was this the right time? I don't think so. Manik is sweet to me, he has done so much for me but what if he doesn't feel the same what if he had done all this because he felt sorry for whatever happened to me? I cant lose him by telling him what I truly feel.

"Don't worry I'll protect you, But, he probably isn't even that angry" he places a kiss on my forehead.

"You're really sweet, husband" I give him a smile.

"And Nandini, I can tell when you lie—"

"Manik I find you sweet too" we hear dhruv's voice as it interrupts manik and thank god he did I knew it, it's easy for him to know I'm lying. My cheeks heat up as I was about to move away from manik but he tightened his grip around my waist not letting me go anywhere.

"Manik" I whisper telling him to let me go, but he just gives me a smile.

Manik turns his head around gripping on to me "thank you but I can't help you"

"Whyy?" Dhruv groans as he comes closer to us.

"Hmmm let me think...maybe because It was a stupid plan. What were you both thinking going there, you know Cabir doesn't like anyone invading his privacy"

"I thought It would be fun" Dhruv says.

Manik shrugs his shoulders "yeah well it's not looking fun right now is it?"

Dhruv shakes his head "you're not helping"

"Never said I was" manik replies back. Me and Dhruv look at each other wondering what will happen.