Chapter Twenty Four: Nandini

It's been a whole day since manik had left, and I won't even lie it felt so empty without him. He had called me once yesterday but we didn't get to talk much as he had to attend an important meeting right after. Yesterday night felt so weird without him in the room, although I hadn't got a nightmare yesterday I still felt like I needed him beside me. The time difference between the two countries was only 2hrs and 30 mins but it still felt like some 14hrs distance.

I sat with Dhruv and aarav  in our garden, it was currently around 8pm and we just finished having dinner.

I looked at my phone as I took a sip from my coffee, I had texted him once today asking how he was doing but I hadn't got a text back.

"No that movie is the best! Right Nandini?"

"Huh?" I look up from my phone as I hear Dhruv call my name.

Aarav chuckles beside me "I think she seems a little off without manik"

I shake my head "no no of course not, I was just uhm checking something and wasn't paying attention what were you guys talking about?"

"Well I was saying that die hard is the best movie to exist right?" Dhruv repeats himself for me.

"I've never watched it, sounds interesting though" I say

"What?! You've never watched it?? Maybe we all can watch it today in the theatre room—"

"Or maybe you could complete the work I told you to do" cabirs voice cuts through dhruv's excitement.

He comes and sits next to me on the bench, I look at him giving him a small smile.

"Cut me some slack man, I'm not a workaholic like you" Dhruv shakes his head at Cabir sitting opposite of him.

"I need those files reviewed by tomorrow Dhruv" Cabir emphasis on his words.

"Fine" he stands up groaning in frustration "Nandini we will watch it tomorrow definitely!" He looks at me.

"Okay" I give him a smile nodding.

"And Cabir you are not invited" he mocks Cabir before running away from here, Cabir just shakes his head looking back at his phone.

Aarav laughs from beside me, to everyone's surprise he hasn't mentioned anything about seeing his mother since yesterday and he has been acting normal with Cabir too it's not like he is still mad at him. I am so happy to see aarav back to his normal self.

"Have you heard from manik?" Cabir asks me

"No, he must be busy"

"Yeah he is. he hasn't called me either, are you doing fine?"

I was surprised by his sudden question, he rarely asks these kind of things I mean it's Cabir after all you wouldn't expect him to go to anyone literally anyone and ask if they're doing fine, he has other ways of asking but never directly.

"Yeah I'm fine, why?"

"What do you mean why?"

"I mean everyone knows you arent the type to ask these questions so I—are you okay?" I ask him emphasising on the word 'you',  raising my eyebrows

"Don't be over smart, your husband actually fucking threatened me saying I have to make sure you are okay in his absence"

What? Manik threatened Cabir to make sure I'm okay in his absence, I knew that he cared for me but I didn't know he did till this extent that he would ask Cabir to regularly to check up on me.

"Really?" I didn't know what to say

"Yes, never thought I'd say this but he's totally whipped for you"