Chapter Twenty Five: Manik/Nandini

Manik

I powered through my other meetings today and only one was left for today and the rest was all formalities now that I had to complete before I can return back home which would take about some days considering the work load here.

This was my last important meeting of the day before I had to do before I can call it quits for the day.

"I need everyone on that—"

I get interrupted as my phone starts ringing beside me, everyone looks at me as I glance at my phone and it said 'Dhruv' on it. I press the home button twice to end it.

"So as I was saying—"

For fucks sake. My phone started ringing again, I was about to switch it off but it flashed my managers name on it from our security company, he was the head and in charge of giving me all the security issues in the state and that made me wonder if somethings wrong because he knew I was in a meeting and he called me immediately after I ended dhruv's call.

"Excuse me, I'll have to get this call" I say to everyone around the table as I grab my phone.

I finally pick it up "This better be important I'm in a meeting"

"It is sir" I heard him say.

I immediately sit up properly on the chair "what happened" I put my hand out to everyone in the conference asking them to give me a few minutes, they nod and start doing some other stuff while I wonder what happened that they had to call me.

"There was an attempted robbery at the jewellery store near the bank" he leads on, our security was in charge of handling mostly the big stores of those who were allied with us it was cabirs way of keeping people on his side. "we apprehended the robbers before they could escape and they are in our custody at the moment, I've informed Cabir sir as well"

"Was anyone hurt?" I ask him

That's the main part sir, two of our security guards were injured badly and—"

Shit, I knew who I had assigned there and they were part of my good security team.

I hear him pause at the other side of the call "what is it?" I ask him firmly

"And your wife and Ahaan sir's wife were present in the store at that time of the robbery" he completes.

"What?! Nandini and kiara were in the store?" I stood up from my chair, a sick feeling formed in the pit of my stomach. I felt Ahaan rush to my side as he heard me almost shout from the other side of them room.

Did anything happen to Nandini? Worried was an understatement of what I was feeling right now.

"Yes they were shopping and happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time"

"How are they?" I ask as Ahaan tries asking me what was going on.

"They're okay, one of the robbers had your wife, Mrs Nandini at gunpoint pinning her to the floor because she tried to fight back. Luckily the store owner had secretly called for backup and neutralised the situation before she was hurt" he tells me. I took breath of relief hearing that, the only thought that ran across my mind was what would've happened if Nandini was harmed, it made me even more angry.

Our security company provided a panic button to shops like that which automatically messages our company that they're in danger and our backup team immediately reaches there. This was cabirs idea.

But I wasn't thinking about how effective our company was.

The robbers had Nandini pinned to the floor on gun point