Chapter Thirty Eight: Nandini

Manik was angry at me and why shouldn't he be? I've went ahead and planned to run away. I know I felt that only for a brief because I got overwhelmed but manik was right, I thought about it and that's automatically made maniks mother succeed.

When manik told me he loved me I felt so happy, so happy that I couldn't even explain it in words even though it came out in anger but it meant so much. As soon as this fight is over, I will hear it in a nice way. I need to mend it back with manik, i don't want to ruin things further. I know it's 100% my fault and I need to fix this.

The sun beamed in my eyes, I still couldn't get myself to get up properly especially with my broken arm.

I looked at the time and it was around 7 in the morning, I couldn't find myself to sleep for longer hours even though I should be.

I try to sit up on the bed, I won't lie the bruises and cuts still hurt as hell, they were so deep too.

"Nandini" I hear kiara's voice, she knocks before coming in.

"Hi" my face lights up seeing her.

"I've come to help you shower" she says, she has been helping me with that since last 4 days. I couldn't thank her enough for how much she's doing, cooking for me, taking care of me like this, and here I was stupid to think that I should leave this family behind that loves me so much. No wonder why manik is so mad at me, I'm mad at my self too. I haven't seen manik since I woke up, considering it's 7am he should be done with his gymming and getting ready for work but I haven't seen him.

"Nandini?" Kiara calls out my name to bring my attention to her as I zoned out. "Are you okay?" She shows concern

I didn't know how to tell her.

I give a little nod.

"Look Nandini, I know what happened—I know that you booked a flight out behind Manik's back" I get shocked hearing that, wait she knew?

"H-how did you know?" I ask her

"I was in Ahaan's office when him and manik were talking"

"I made a mistake, it was really stupid of me. Manik is so mad at me, he won't even talk to me properly." I tell her.

"I know and I also know that you feel guilty for making that decision" she says, she understands me so well.

"I'm sorry, you're mad at me too right? I just didn't want you guys ending up in problems because of me, you guys have done so much for me and it would be so selfish of me to just keep projecting my issues on you guys"

"Nandini, I understand you I promise I do but you aren't projecting any of your issues on us. That's what family is for right? Helping each other out in difficult situations, I know you would do that for us selflessly that's why you were ready to leave your happiness behind for us. I also get it that no one has done that for you when your mother passed away that's why you keep having these thoughts in your mind but you have a proper family now. You have a husband who loves you and would do anything for you, you have 5 brothers who would kill you, you have two sisters who hate seeing you hurt. It's different, things are different"

I couldn't help but cry.

She pulls me in to a hug "Don't cry Nandini, it'll all be okay."

"I feel so disappointed in my self for even thinking about leaving you guys, the truth is my uncle and aunty always made me feel like I can do no good, that I will always create problems everywhere I go. I didn't want that getting to you guys" I break the hug looking at her.

"It's okay I understand, you don't need to be disappointed. The good thing is you have realised and you won't think about it again right?"

"Never. But Manik's still mad at me and he will be for a while, and I know you are mad at me too"