His world. 

  A world she knew nothing about outside of the stories he's told her. Stories that have made her laugh, get teary eyed, and then change completely to wide eyed over completely insane moments that he's pretty sure he's not actually suppose to know anything about. 

  It's like a club. An incredibly exclusive club that many dream of clawing their way into, only to be slammed in the face by a door, or welcomed for a moment before being ruthlessly shoved right back out. And on a rare occasion caught in a web of love filled promises that end in a happily ever after.

  Which situation will be Dempsey's fate? 

  The way Chris is with her when they're in his Boston Bubble leads her to believe that they're headed towards the fairy tale. But the words of her mother constantly nag her back down into reality.

  "What are you going to wear?"

  Dempsey goes on to explain something about Chris' stylist sending some stuff over to his house this week for her to try on. Several were the same he'd had ready for her for the movie premier but she'd never even known about it until it was too late. She'd decided her sister and mother didn't need to actually know that part. 

  "You shouldn't let him see you in them before hand, Demi. Make it suspenseful!" she offers, her own heart racing in excitement for her older sister. "You gonna get the full treatment? Hair, make up, all of it?"

  "I have no idea," she answers. "I'm gonna look like a sack of potatoes next to all those starlets, Conor. And I know he posted a photo of me with Ethan on his Instagram, but you couldn't really see much of me or my face anyways. But this! This is going to be everywhere."

  "You're a confident woman, Dempsey. Since when do you care about what people think?"

  "Since I'm dating the internet's boyfriend," she sighs.

Dempsey POV

  It's just a mere two days before we leave for California and I've just now found the opportunity to get over to Chris' to try on dresses. He and I had both agreed on not letting him see the chosen one, but did decide to have two flown over as a 'just in case.'

  Sawyer sits in the passenger seat while Star snuggles up comfortably in her lap, ,her big brown eyes staring back at me as I weave through Chris' neighborhood. "You excited, sweet girl? Seeing Dodger again?"

  "Happy to see her daddy again," Sawyer pipes in, a funny grin on her face. 

  "Stop that," I warn her. 

  "Demi, he was going to buy you a dog! You are basically co-parenting with minor visits in between in which you both are present."

  "Now you make it sound like we're divorced. Did I miss the wedding? I bet it was a real fiasco." I playfully ask, trying to keep the mood light so she doesn't bring on my own nerves.

  Chris buzzes us in, waiting in the doorway as soon as we pull up. I notice Dodger sitting right at his feet, both of their breath creating a smoke like puff in the cold air. 

  I take Star and wrap her up inside my jacket before climbing out, both Sawyer and I heading straight for the door. 

  January in Boston makes me wish I was snuggled under a few blankets, wrapped in strong arms, while firmly planted in front of a warm fire.  Looking up at the door, I decide 1 out of 3 isn't so bad.

  "Sawyer," Chris says her name, opening his arm up for a hug that she accepts with ease. "Nice to see you again."

  "Same to you."